Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

got to be a scam

That's a very convincing looking scam…apart from the ridiculously cheap prices. No bad grammar or spelling like usual scams.

Thanks for posting. You have to be so careful on line.

I got scammed once when looking for a camera lens. The one I wanted was long out of production but the site I found still seemed to have stock. There was a contact number as it wouldn't allow me to put my address in being a US site so I called. The guy in the phone seemed knowledgeable and helpful and told me they were out of stock of that one but there was a better one they had in stock with reviews so I bought it. Just over £100 with shipping.
What turned up was a Chinese looking wooden box that looked like a jewellery box with a lens that was junk.

Managed to get most of the money back from the credit card company but had to pay the local camera store for a report.

Bait and switch is what it's called. I'm very wary now and really haven't bought anything from the US since.

Last edited:
I note no contact address on their website, but in the last link it states they are in the UK in Dalby, maybe someone from that area can check it out. Everything else seems to point towards them being a US company and the link appears to have, err, been written by them!!

I think I've seen these jokers advertising on facebook as well.

A bit of surfing brings up this for the fun bike store
https://www.funbikes.co.uk/d250_electric-bikes
Unit 5f, Old Dalby Business Park, Station Rd, Old Dalby, Melton Mowbray LE14 3NJ

Who seem more legit, prices more sensible and a UK company with a UK address. So it looks as though unfortunately they may be getting tarred by a scam company

Last edited:
I did a search on the domain name :
Welcome to the complete domain registration report of offroadvip.com. This domain name was registered the 20/10/2017 and update for the very last time the 20/10/2017. The subscription period will finish the 20/10/2018 willson Rhys () is the owner of offroadvip.com domain name. The offroadvip.com main IP address is 5.39.217.176 and it's located to Netherlands, . This domain name was registered with GoDaddy.com, LLC.
is associated with 1 domains
Email [email protected]
Address 3796 N Yosemite St
41267 Parkville, New York
UNITED STATES
Phone 15859512311

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did a search on the domain name :
Welcome to the complete domain registration report of offroadvip.com. This domain name was registered the 20/10/2017 and update for the very last time the 20/10/2017. The subscription period will finish the 20/10/2018 willson Rhys () is the owner of offroadvip.com domain name. The offroadvip.com main IP address is 5.39.217.176 and it's located to Netherlands, . This domain name was registered with GoDaddy.com, LLC.
Email [email protected]
Address 3796 N Yosemite St
41267 Parkville, New York
UNITED STATES
Phone 15859512311
All looks 100% above board to me :grimacing:

Back