Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GPS Vehicle Tracker

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
Looking to get a GPS tracker installed on my Troopy.
Is Skytag GPS still recommended, or is there any better on the market nowadays?

There’s a strangely addictive YouTube channel for this hardworking firm in Southampton.

http://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/user/AutomatricsMtrack

Their radio frequency trackers are very difficult for thieves to get rid off but the really interesting thing is their dedication. I remember watching one video where they jump in their car and drive from Southampton to Newcastle to recover a stolen 125. No idea of cost for this kind of service.

I use a spot one, seems pretty good. Sends me an alert when the vehicle moves as well as being able to track it online and on my phone.

I have used both Tracker and SmarTrack from Global Telemetrics

The Mtrack seems like a great product overcoming the problem of storing a stolen car in something that interferes with the GPS accuracy by having also having a radio transmitter in it.

I don't know if you would still get a mobile phone signal or any GPS reception inside of a shipping container though.

The price is around £160 plus a monthly subscription of around £15.

The radio transmitter coverage would only be useful if it were based in the UK though as they need to dispatch someone with their radio tracker tuned to their secret frequency

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just workout why you want one, then look at options. There are plenty gps trackers that don't satisfy insurance needs etc

Thanks for the options above, I will look in to them.

The Mtrack seems like a great product overcoming the problem of storing a stolen car in something that interferes with the GPS accuracy by having also having a radio transmitter in it.

I don't know if you would still get a mobile phone signal or any GPS reception inside of a shipping container though.

The price is around £160 plus a monthly subscription of around £15.

The radio transmitter coverage would only be useful if it were based in the UK though as they need to dispatch someone with their radio tracker tuned to their secret frequency
That’s why I went for the spot, it doesn’t require a SIM card and the location is sent to me, so its good anywhere in the world.

I'm getting more confused, they all seem pretty good...............

That’s why I went for the spot, it doesn’t require a SIM card and the location is sent to me, so its good anywhere in the world.
It can also be hard wired or battery, mine is hard wired, which also charges it's internal power in case the battery is disconnected.
You can follow a track on you're phone via the app or online

Last edited:
Does spot help with the insurance side of things ? I thought it was more of a way to let folks at home know you are ok l.

Does spot help with the insurance side of things ? I thought it was more of a way to let folks at home know you are ok l.
+There's different types of spot, there is spot which is an emergency locator, which is how I found out about the company after looking after a patient who flew his paraglider into the side of a mountain in India, his saved his life, and there are the spot trackers which actually let you track an asset. I gave the family my access details for the website so they can track me if I am off grid a bit. It seems up to surviving in a pretty hostile environment.

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=128

Garmin do one which looks interesting which is a GPS and emergency beacon but the price put me off so far. It looks good though because you can 2 way message, so if your vehicle breaks down you can message your mechanic!! It is not a tracker though

As I'm a technical idiot I don't know how to do a screen shot on my phone so this will have to do!! This is my track of my visit to clives house and beyond.

spot.jpg

Back