Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Great value skid plate.

grantw

Supporter
I just noticed these on rough trax.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/sheriff...n-guard-skid-plate-black-steel-80-series.html

And then noticed it was the last one to had to purchase. I haven't heard of the brand before but considering rough trax generally stock quality items I bit the bullet.

120_series_sheriff_skid_plate_steering_transmission.jpg

For £256 and it covering steering, sump and transmission it seems like a bargain.

I saw one in person and they are very thin metal.

It may already come with rubber mountings, but if not, some rubber bobbin mounts, or rubber washers suitably compressed, might avoid some of the tendency to bend the plates on minor contact with hard objects.

JMHO.

I was whirling yo buy one but after seeing it wasn't overwhelmed with how much protection it would offer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can you put some pics up when you have it fitted please? would like to see where it fits etc. Cheers.

I had a transfer case bash plate come loose in a river near Arrowtown NZ on my HJ61VX and it got bent so I couldnt tighten it up. Decided to take it off and sort it later.
It was so heavy I could hardly pick it up!!
Probably 6mm thick

I was whirling yo buy one but after seeing it wasn't overwhelmed with how much protection it would offer.
That is a little concerning - it should arrive today. Worst case I may be able to have it reinforced - at least it will save a load of time measuring and trial fitting.

They look good quality, probably a lot lighter then the 6mm steel one's I've got!!!

They will do very little I'd say.

Dropping down onto a Sharpe rock can make a mess. The 80s are a heavy beast.

The 6mm steering guards I had made up were the type of thing that could take a bashing.

No I didn’t figure it out before we left on this trip … I think I had trouble as the front factory plate was already missing.

Thanks; I think they will have to go back. Mine is stock with all the bits and yet it still doesn't line up.

For anyone following in my footsteps, don't buy these items. The installation instructions are drawn from these photos Защита рулевых тяг для Toyota Land Cruiser 80 ,Sheriff арт.24.0604 (Сталь 2,5 мм) .Купить по низкой цене в Санкт-Петербурге. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] which themselves aren't the panel one receives. The panel that comes is not only different from that in the instructions, but also has no way to connect to the stock bumper either - the two holes at the top of steering guard don't meet anything and the plate is additionally blocked by the frame pigtail tie down points.

Didn't try the transmission panel because I don't want a mismatched set.

Back