Country Flag
australia
thought i might add another Aussie flag to that list -
:flags-australia:

Welcome aboard mate :thumbup:

What are you driving ? and pic are welcome, nay obligatory :lol:

thanks all -
yep ditto "close enough" :)

Brian - my profile pic should have been a giveaway.... well only if you are really a sick cruiser type :) thats the air intake on my 76 series wagon. Had a few cruiser's - 6 over the years & also have a Hilux tray back as the runabout.

this is after a particularly wet messy jaunt through the desert on the way to Birdsville a couple of years ago.
water up to the hubs for about 5 K's at a time & you have no real idea where the track is & you get the idea.
2015-06-16 008.JPG

Rgds
G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris,
2017 with the new injestors.... = Niice!
hows the economy with that?

Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

Nice 76! :clap:

:flags-australia:

Thanks Ben,
looks a little different now with alloy rims & oddly enough i washed off the 400KG of mud.... not so good for the fuel consumption :)

Thats an unusual car you have there for Aus - have you put it next to a Troopy or 76? - despite the looks nothing will exchange between a HZJ series & my car which shocks most people who think its a 20 year old car... well maybe the badge...?
I would think yours maybe the same

Yes my LJ78 is very rare in Australia! :shifty:

Its basically the same as a 76 from the windscreen back (body wise), but the interior is of a much more luxurious spec than the modern 70's as back then the Prado 70 was a luxury vehicle. :icon-cool:

Where as now Toyota want you to buy a 200 series or current Prado if you want luxury, the 70's now are commercial work vehicles. :think:

Mine is live axle front and rear and coil suspension all round. It was actually the first ever coil sprung LandCruiser so was pretty ground breaking in many ways at the time. :shifty:

I havent parked it next to a 76 or Troopy yet, to be honest I havent even really used it that much yet as I only recently finished a complete restoration on it. It was a bit of a mess when I got it. :icon-biggrin:

More info can be found here:

https://landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/lj78-build-thread.147283/

yeah cool - I had a look at the build thread but i'll go read it properly in a moment - that blue....!!! eeek! - over everything... nice job! looks from here anyway you have done a brilliant thing!

I had a close look at one of those in Tonga a couple of years ago. They look the same but start doing some measurements & i think you'll find they just look the same. They are narrower than the troopy or 76 & even the recess down the side is at a different height. I have a few friends with troopy's & we put them side by side one day - i dont think any of the panels off a HJ75 or HZJ/HDJ75/78 would fit my car. The more you look the more you find that actually the VDJ is a completely different car both in body & underneath - just looks the same.
I struggle with the 200 - i thought about it seriously but they have semi floating axles & a lot of stuff i dont want which all adds up to 600Kg extra so i started bare bones & add the things i want without all the frilly bits. I think though as an off the shelf all terrain touring vehicle if you can justify the cash then its a hard thing to go past a 200.

I'll go read your build thread before i ask any more questions
catchya

Back