Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GRRRR help 1kzte blown Head

Rob Voerman

pastedgraphic-2.jpg

last weekend when i returned from UK i thought its time to take the Prado for a spin... standing for almost 4 months,
connected the batteries, air in tyres, swing swing and off we went, nice 220km sunday drive to Noirmoutier-en-l'Île and back went fine,
stopped at home got out and gurgel gurgel, i rip the bonnet open and see the water res bubbling, #$#@#$#@#$ were a few choice words. but the temp is normal??

i had to go to Greece and Italy this week and got the neighbors son to pull it, they say its the head thats cracked at every valve GRRRRRRRRRRRR. was hoping head gasket.. i will be home tonight to view it.

Now to find a new head, looking on Flea bay complete head for 718.00 complete and oem approved?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HILUX-3-0TD-1KZTE ... 45f2019edd

I will check what it will cost from Toyota but can not think it being less, are there any approved suppliers that i could try, speaking to JB the SA guru he said a while ago that he uses a Spanish one, has anyone here heard of it?

bugger sorry to hear it :(

Cant really comment on the quality but when my head went i got one from Roughtrax .

So far, no problems with it.... :pray:

Thats a blow mate, bad luck.

Real shame as your truck loooks mint.

Heads for them and the 2.4 seem a ridiculous price, supply and demand I suppose.

I think Karl from here is selling a 3.0, saw it on fleabay, but it was the full engine iirc.

Pete

Hi Pete,

yeh its the 3.0 1kzte motor,

the whole car is mint so I want to fit the right parts now but the toyota one is definitely the weak one,

I have mailed a mate in Spain to see if he can find the head there as I dont want to do the labor part again,

thanks Andy, i did not know that, just got the info to use the Spanish one, so roughtrax it is.... thanks all

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back