Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gvm/Gcm 3800kg upgrade

Dutchy68

Country Flag
australia
Getting a GXL 200 series in FEB 2021, was wondering if anyone can tell me the original height and the height after the 3800kg GVM upgrade. Getting conflicting information from the dealer and the GVM installer.

Hi, why are you asking about the height? and I would have thought it was 3.5 ton as standard, but I had a simular thing done on a vehical over here and it was just a paperwork exersise

Hi Steve,
In Australia there are two suspension upgrades you can get 3800kg and a 4000kg which need to be completed before you get the car registered for it to include a GCM upgrade as well. Been told it would increase the height anywhere from 50mm to 85 mm. The reason I'm asking about the height is because I only have 2030mm max height to get it into the garage.

as i said before is the 200 series not 3800 as standard? the 100 is

If you use the NSW RVD that has the spec's for the heights for standard vehicles.

Who is doing the upgrade? The NSW RVD has the upgrade specs in there as well. It sounds like Lovells is the one that you're getting, as the RVD has a new GVM of 3800 and Max towing of 4000kg. Double check what your GCM is with the upgrade, because I'm not 100% sure what it is going to be.

Road Vehicle Descriptor Online - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Have a look for who is doing your upgrade, and then go from there.

There is about 100mm difference between the smallest height and the largest height, so bear that in mind. Also on the 3rd page is the wheel centre to bottom of wheelarch dimension for empty and loaded.

If it's Lovells, then they have a good website with all the details on it:

On the Lovells RVD it states " MAJOR DIMENSIONS - Height:W/O Roof Rail or Snorkel = 1975mm, W/ Roof Rail = 2015mm, W/ Snorkel = 2040mm " The snorkel will be the Toyota raised air intake that has a join part way up....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back