Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Had to use the winch today

Julian T

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
Well I got a call last night, bought a new shed and need it put up and old one removed will you help, type of conversation, so me being the helpful sort I said yes of course.
After emptying the shed and starting disassembly I managed to strain my back so knowing the area I elected to use the winch rather than persevere.

P6110021.JPG

Thought the straps might be useful one day.

P6110026.JPG

So up and over it was.

P6110028.JPG

And then it was on the grass

P6110029.JPG

Then I attached the strap to the tow hook and dragged it over to where some builders doing a renovation on a neighbors home had graciously agreed to dispose of it with the rest of their rubbish, unfortunately I did not remember to take any photo's of that.

Tomorrow I go back to put up the new shed, should be a little less strain ;)

That is probably the most work my winch has done in a long time, free spool was a little tight so now I need to service the winch next.

So what did you last use your winch for?

Last edited:
Excellent, last used mine to help fell a huge elm tree I was cutting down with chainsaw, used the winch to pull it to fell it where I wanted it to land​

Pulling a block of 3 stables back onto the base unit plinth after a horse had scratched its arse on the rear wall hard enough to push the back of the stables off its plinth.... actually used the high lift jack to lift the rear wall up and then the winch to pull the rear wall off the high lift jack back onto the base... worked surprising well !!!!

Back