Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Handsfree bluetooth/phone kits

Paul Baker

Country Flag
uk
In my old colly i had a Parrot setup..worked ok as far as it went..so in the new LC5 i was looking for another handsfree setup.....

Shockingly !! i heard from an installer that Parrot have stopped producing all carkits and turning their attentions to "drones !"

Finding this a little hard to believe i emailed Parrot UK only to be told that yes they had stopped manafcturing car kits !

Can only assume they will stop all support and software upgrades at some point.

This made me shy away from Parrot....but what else....i saw Bury CC9068........

anyone any experience with this or any other decent Parrot lookalike ?

cheers

I have a Parrot MKi9200 installed in my LC4, and it works well. Bit quirky by modern standards, but does me fine. I see these are still available from various places. I've not updates the firmware on it since new, it's probably around 5 years old now, but it still supports the Mrs iPhone and my Samsung S7...

Have you considered a radio head unit exchange to one with built in Bluetooth hands free, sat nav, etc? This is the way most new cars are going so I guess the market for add on hands free units is diminishing, hence Parrot changing tack.

Hi

I have Parrot MKi9200, installed on my LC 120, It works fine. The only issue I have is the input into the car system is post car proccessing which means you have no control which speakers the audio goes to and not able to change the Eq, i.e bass and treble. Which is a bit frustrating.

Gary

I installed a MKi9200 in my wife's car & it works well. Now in my LC120 I have an Alpine ILX-700 with matching mic (I'm an iPhone user) & it blows the Parrot away for sound quality (mine & for the person I'm calling). I have rather noisy aggressive tyres & a dodgy old sunroof that make my cabin louder that ideal & people don't even know I'm on a handsfree.

As for safety - I now never touch my phone while driving (maybe your better than I was)!! I have access to Spotify, messages, podcasts audiobooks, etc...

Yes it's more expensive (if new) but the safety & sound quality are worth it.

BTW - I got my Alpine second hand for the same price as the Parrot cost my wife.

In my old colly i had a Parrot setup..worked ok as far as it went..so in the new LC5 i was looking for another handsfree setup.....

Shockingly !! i heard from an installer that Parrot have stopped producing all carkits and turning their attentions to "drones !"

Finding this a little hard to believe i emailed Parrot UK only to be told that yes they had stopped manafcturing car kits !

Can only assume they will stop all support and software upgrades at some point.

This made me shy away from Parrot....but what else....i saw Bury CC9068........

anyone any experience with this or any other decent Parrot lookalike ?

cheers

I recently installed my old parrot kit that i have had for 10 years into my 120 lc4 got the conversion wiring kit off ebay works brilliant.. nokia also did a handsfree kit but they never seemed as good as parrot..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a Parrot MKi9200 installed in my LC4, and it works well. Bit quirky by modern standards, but does me fine. I see these are still available from various places. I've not updates the firmware on it since new, it's probably around 5 years old now, but it still supports the Mrs iPhone and my Samsung S7...

I'm interested in buying the same model as you have.
My question is do I need an extension harness cable to run from the amplifier under the drivers seat.
Not sure if the lc4 has this inder the seat but worth asking and did you install your self.

I'm interested in buying the same model as you have.
My question is do I need an extension harness cable to run from the amplifier under the drivers seat.
Not sure if the lc4 has this inder the seat but worth asking and did you install your self.
I'm talking about the parrot mki9200 sorry (my bad).

No nothing under the sat needed. You just need the correct harness to go between the parrot and the car. I think it's a std one you can get from Halfrauds or similar

No nothing under the sat needed. You just need the correct harness to go between the parrot and the car. I think it's a std one you can get from Halfrauds or similar
You do
Thanks very much tony as probably just saved me £26 as ebay seller says I need an extension harness.

It's like this one that I have:

No affiliation with the seller, just a google search to show

Sorry to be a pain but my parrot mki9200 just arrived today and was wondering how it fits.
I bought a harness for my car to fit my amplifier under the drivers seat.
I can access the amplifier plugs with out removing the seat but my harness only fits the plug nearest to the middle of the car is this correct.
The plug from the loom fits my harness but what else plugs into the harness. Will take pictures and send them to u if you wish and would be greatful if u can take a picture and send me it please as I'm confused.
Not sure I have the correct harness yet but I may have missed something out.
There are only 2 plugs that are in the amplifier are there any others under the seat I am missing.

Many thanks
Tony rodaway.

Sorry to be a pain but my parrot mki9200 just arrived today and was wondering how it fits.
I bought a harness for my car to fit my amplifier under the drivers seat.
I can access the amplifier plugs with out removing the seat but my harness only fits the plug nearest to the middle of the car is this correct.
The plug from the loom fits my harness but what else plugs into the harness. Will take pictures and send them to u if you wish and would be greatful if u can take a picture and send me it please as I'm confused.
Not sure I have the correct harness yet but I may have missed something out.
There are only 2 plugs that are in the amplifier are there any others under the seat I am missing.

Many thanks
Tony rodaway.
The amplifier is under my passenger seat not my drivers seat as I said sorry.

I did not have to connect to anything under the seat, it all goes in behind the radio in the dash.

Mine is a LC4 though, but I know these have been installed into LC5's

As Tony said, a parrot kit goes behind your head unit. They come as standard with ISO audio and power block connectors, and often you need an adaptor harness for certain head units to convert them to ISO. (Almost all older gen aftermarket head units were ISO, not sure what's in the 120) other than that they are plug and play. I've installed dozens of these in everything from a Mini to a Range Rover.

I did not have to connect to anything under the seat, it all goes in behind the radio in the dash.

That's interesting because the harness I bought for the 120 lc5 states its fits the amplifier under the passenger seat. The clips I have seen include pictures of the installation as he removes the passenger seat to fit the harness.

The lc5 has the amplifier under the seat and apparently the harness connects to the amplifier. I will find the link and show you. Hence why I'm confused.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515_192816_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515_192816_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20200515_192802_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515_192802_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 26
Back