Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlamp Conversion Problem

Simon Evens

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys,

I have a 2006 L100 RHD UK car.

I am in the process of moving to Gibraltar and want to get my car registered there. To do this I must alter the headlights so that they are LHD legal .

I have been to the Toyota dealer in Gibraltar to purchase new headlights but the parts department say that the RHD headlights and the LHD headlamps have the same part number. This leads me to believe that the beam direction can be adjusted, but when I ask in the service department if they can do this they say it can't be done and I need new headlamps.

Obviously one of them is wrong, but they are not being very helpful and speaking to each other to reach a solution (the service department and parts department are not in the same building).

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you>

Hi Guys,

I have a 2006 L100 RHD UK car.

I am in the process of moving to Gibraltar and want to get my car registered there. To do this I must alter the headlights so that they are LHD legal .

I have been to the Toyota dealer in Gibraltar to purchase new headlights but the parts department say that the RHD headlights and the LHD headlamps have the same part number. This leads me to believe that the beam direction can be adjusted, but when I ask in the service department if they can do this they say it can't be done and I need new headlamps.

Obviously one of them is wrong, but they are not being very helpful and speaking to each other to reach a solution (the service department and parts department are not in the same building).

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you>
Hi Si,

2006 Land Cruiser 100 Headlight part numbers.

RHD, LH 8117060A71, RH 8113060A81, thease should be the headlights fitted to your LC.

LHD, LH 8117060A82, RH 8113060A92, thease should be the headlights you require for Gib.

All these part numbers are for, supplied without Headlight leveling motors, as you can reuse/refit you existing motors.
They are also for, supplied without bulbs and without headlight fittings, E.G screws, bolts, as you can reuse existing bulbs and hardware.

Hope this helps, and makes sense.

Good luck with your new life in Gib, have you got room in you suitcase for me.:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

P.S The info that Shayne has kindly supplied won't fit your 06 as it's for a pre 5-05 facelift Land Cruiser 100 model.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, up to the 5-05 the headlights/indicators were two piece and the lens was made of glass, after 5-05 the headlights/indicators were slightly bigger, one piece, and the lens was made of plastic, and have a much better beam.

Just FYI.:)

Hi Si,

2006 Land Cruiser 100 Headlight part numbers.

RHD, LH 8117060A71, RH 8113060A81, thease should be the headlights fitted to your LC.

LHD, LH 8117060A82, RH 8113060A92, thease should be the headlights you require for Gib.

All these part numbers are for, supplied without Headlight leveling motors, as you can reuse/refit you existing motors.
They are also for, supplied without bulbs and without headlight fittings, E.G screws, bolts, as you can reuse existing bulbs and hardware.

Hope this helps, and makes sense.

Good luck with your new life in Gib, have you got room in you suitcase for me.:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

P.S The info that Shayne has kindly supplied won't fit your 06 as it's for a pre 5-05 facelift Land Cruiser 100 model.

That's great, thank you very much for your help.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's great, thank you very much for your help.
Might be worth a peek on eBay, the LHD headlights (used & after market) for the 100 do get listed, but make sure they are listed as 'for LHD only'

Save yourself a £ or ££

My first thought was ebay because it has a UK , EU , or worldwide search options and its very unlikely any used headlights that come up are not LHD unless posted from a UK or Australian address .

My first thought was ebay because it has a UK , EU , or worldwide search options and its very unlikely any used headlights that come up are not LHD unless posted from a UK or Australian address .
Yes,

The only reason I know so much about LC 100 headlights is, I upgraded my 04 to the later one piece last facelift headlights, it's not a straight forward job though, but they look and perform better, I also upgraded the rear lights to the later LED's, they were straight forward to fit, all genuine Toyota parts.

Of course, mine were RHD and I found one used on eBay and bought the other from PartSouq, but while I was looking at the time I did come across several LHD one piece headlights mainly from Germany and a few from France, the German ones are usually after market made by Depo.

Back