Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight change

Svend1983

Country Flag
iceland
1st question you should ask the seller is the new parts plug and play.
2nd thing just look on YouTube to see if anyone else has done this new modified look and that may give you an idea.
3rd just buy them and get fitted professionally.

Hope this helps.

Forgot I have a landcruiser 120 with halogen headlights but replaced my bulbs to 10000 lms and 6000 colour. I have replaced my front fogs to match and it has knocked years of my look as new led bulbs look awesome.

The only experience i have of buying aftermarket headlamps was for a Mitsubishi Outlander, OE units were prone to the lenses crazing badly and Mitsi offered no support at all to affected owners of out of warranty vehicles, genuine replacements were stupidy expensive despite the original units being poor.

After exhaustive searching i found a pair of aftermarkets and bought them, yes they worked but literally fitted where they touched and looked cheap.

I've seen aftermarket LED lamps on several pick ups over time, they don't look right to me, but beauty in the eye etc.
My advice is to make sure these things are returnable if not to your liking.

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking a little more into it, and it seems as if Toyota actually makes a similar model for Prado 150.
I think I will talk to them about a possible upgrade. Hopefully it is only the lights, and not the wiring itself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't see the wiring being any different unless you have hid or xenon headlights and want to change to normal. The wire loom should fit if your getting parts from toyota.
Good look with your upgrade if you haven't already done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. I have not done the upgrade yet. Been busy with the house instead.. :)

Back