Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hedgehog - 1st leg of round the world: Iceland to Greece

SteveS

Well - its been a long time in the preparation but the time has come for us to shortly leave on the first leg of our round the world journey.

We'll be leaving in about a weeks time for Iceland spend a few weeks there and then head south east across central Europe, down the Dalmation coast to spend a month in Greece (assuming it is not complete anarchy :) )

I will post up some pictures here but for the Facebookers among you there will be more info and pictures on our group page dedicated to our travels @ Wandering Hedgehog. We would love to have you join our group and contribute.

We will be leaving 'breadcrumb' stickers along the way - keep an eye out and let us know if you spot one

Circular Hedgehog 06.jpg

If you need any help with the dalmation coast just shout as i lived there and toured constantly so can point you to some must sees if you like.
stu

Have a great trip Steve, very jealous, facebook join request sent.

Have an amazing trip. Will look out for you in Iceland if you are here in 2 weeks time, just arriving at the Faroes myself. Will look for your FB page. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck and enjoy your trip. Looking forward to the fb updates!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a great adventure, I'm not in the slightest bit envious, you f***ing lucky b*****d :lol:

Stu - thanks for the offer. I will post here the key stops along the way - just need to get to my PC to remind me of where we're going

If you need any help with the dalmation coast just shout as i lived there and toured constantly so can point you to some must sees if you like.
stu

Stu - our itinerary for Croatia is

Pula (Pola)
Rijeka (Selce)
Plitvice Lakes
Krka National Park
Salona/Solin
Dubrovnik
Haven't yet planned the precise details just that we're more of less following the coast.....not that there is a lot of choice for most of Croatia. We like hill walking, old towns, history, mountains/scenery and wouldn't mind a bit of beach camping if poss.....we have 8 days pencilled in. We may decide to do Dubrovnik as a city break/long weekend another time. Any advice gratefully received

I will look at the map and give you some better ideas.
If you like old towns korcala is a must this is where Marco polo came from and is one of the best places I have been. Can you pm me your email.
Stu

Good luck and have fun, i'll join the FB group to keep updated! When will you be in Montenegro? We'll be there in August!

Sent Facebook request can't wait to see updates,hope you enjoy your selfs,so so jealous of all these great adventures.

Good luck and have fun, i'll join the FB group to keep updated! When will you be in Montenegro? We'll be there in August!

Back end of August......we'll wave at you going the opposite way :)

We left Blighty a few days ago (check out our Facebook Group Wandering Hedgehog) and have arrived in Hirtshals Denamrk where we'll get the ferry to Iceland tomorrow. Time now to sit down and get a few beers down. Stopped at this petrol station this morning and couldn't resist to take a photo......it comes to something when a garage makes a special business out of fixing Land Rovers :).....but business is good I gather

IMG_1839[1].JPG

Good luck with the trip and i'm not envious in the slightest :icon-wink: sent a FB request for the Hedgehog Group group

The Hedgehog arrives on the ferry as we queue to check in for the same ferry

1f4d4ff1a179c15cf237b9a69b5d18d5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of updates on our Facebook group Wandering Hedgehog. Feel free to joint to get regular updates. We've now moved on from Iceland and are now in Croatia. I will update with a full trip report here on our return in October. Doing large number of large size photo uploads is proving temperamental from the far corners of Europe

I haven't forgotten to provide some nice pics here - but it will have to wait till I get home in about a month's time. Regular updates on our FB group Wandering Hedgehog if you're interested. Currently in Greece.

Well - its been a long time in the preparation but the time has come for us to shortly leave on the first leg of our round the world journey.

We'll be leaving in about a weeks time for Iceland spend a few weeks there and then head south east across central Europe, down the Dalmation coast to spend a month in Greece (assuming it is not complete anarchy :) )

I will post up some pictures here but for the Facebookers among you there will be more info and pictures on our group page dedicated to our travels @ Wandering Hedgehog. We would love to have you join our group and contribute.

We will be leaving 'breadcrumb' stickers along the way - keep an eye out and let us know if you spot one

View attachment 20218

Hey Steve,

If you are still in Greece and you need any help or advice you can contact me.
I suppose you have seen that everything is okay in Greece without any problems or anarchy of any kind...
Don't believe 100% of the media. Please filter the information you get.

I have various offroading tracks which could be sent to you in gpx or kml files.

Back