Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hedgehog - 3rd leg of round the world - Southern Africa

www.tripline.net

It is beta but I like the unlimited mapping waypoints which you don't get on google. It uses the same mapping but I have doubts about the accuracy of the mileage that it comes up with
South luangwa is fantastic, brings back some good memories. On the way there from kitwe we used to camp at kundalila falls:
The Kaombe River in Zambia falls over the lip of the Muchinga escarpment and makes an exciting waterfall near the small town of Kanona in the Serenje District. The waterfall is called Kundalila Falls which means "crying dove" in the local Bemba language.
This is going back a few years now though

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well we have been back in Blightly for just on a week now and have completed all the urgent chores. I will begin posting up some photos. Sorry we didn't keep this thread live as we went around Africa but our focus was on our FB group page. Anyway I will post up some of the photos we took over the next few days. Here's a few to get going with from namibia
_MG_9609.JPG
_MG_9618.JPG
_MG_9633.JPG
_MG_9662.JPG
_MG_9400.JPG
_MG_9457.JPG
_MG_9522.JPG

What a fantastic trip, great photos thanks for sharing. Some look familiar. What was your route? Sorry, dont do FB.

I will
What a fantastic trip, great photos thanks for sharing. Some look familiar. What was your route? Sorry, dont do FB.
I will post some more soon - I will include a .kml file of the actual track we took as well. Give me a few hours. Essentially we started in Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, South Africa and Lesotho - returning home from Durban

That route is on my bucket list Steve. Not sure how to empty the bucket yet but putting things in there is easy!
Its nearly 20 years since my last trip to zambia and zimbabwe. Would like to show my wife the magic of southern africa while it is still there

That route is on my bucket list Steve. Not sure how to empty the bucket yet but putting things in there is easy!
Its nearly 20 years since my last trip to zambia and zimbabwe. Would like to show my wife the magic of southern africa while it is still there

Here is the actual track of our journey - not a 1000 miles from the initial planned route at the top of this thread. Will be interesting to see how the new leadership in Zim will improve things there: early news is encouraging

Africa South Africa 4 Google Earth Track.jpg

Back