Steven Martin

Country Flag
australia
My name Steven Martin,
HDJ78 RV ~ 2003

Nil Mods
Plans for the Cruiser, keep it going for as long as poss -- minimal electronics

Like some tech tips from time to time please, like this one:

Last night my after market radio head cut off - said 'Amp problem or something".

Anyhow, the instrument lights have also gone, and on a brief check, I could not see any fuses that have blown or moreover any fuse specific to instrument lights.

Any ideas?

Steven

Hi Steven,

Welcome to this most friendly forum. You need to have a proper check of the fuses. Have a look in the handbook and identify which fuse is the likely one. It could be that a connector has become disconnected or affected by corrosion if you’ve had a leaky windscreen. Much of the time there is so little room for after market stuff that the wires get crammed in and can be damaged over time.

Start with the easy stuff and make certain you properly test the fuses rather than relying on a visual check. Do this with a multimeter set to ohms or continuity bleep. The fact it is dash lights and radio seems to suggest it is external to the radio on a feed that’s been tapped into, likely one that illuminates your radio at night. It could be an internal fault in the radio that’s blown a fuse or a cable that’s chafed through external to the radio. Warrants further investigation by removing the radio to see what is going on behind it.

Hi Steven,

Welcome to this most friendly forum. You need to have a proper check of the fuses. Have a look in the handbook and identify which fuse is the likely one. It could be that a connector has become disconnected or affected by corrosion if you’ve had a leaky windscreen. Much of the time there is so little room for after market stuff that the wires get crammed in and can be damaged over time.

Start with the easy stuff and make certain you properly test the fuses rather than relying on a visual check. Do this with a multimeter set to ohms or continuity bleep. The fact it is dash lights and radio seems to suggest it is external to the radio on a feed that’s been tapped into, likely one that illuminates your radio at night. It could be an internal fault in the radio that’s blown a fuse or a cable that’s chafed through external to the radio. Warrants further investigation by removing the radio to see what is going on behind it.
Thanks for quick reply.

I have to learn how to navigate this forum. Another thing to do that I have not time for.

Appreciate reply.

Steven

Back