Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello all you Landcruisers

Rambla

Country Flag
australia
My name is Colin and I live on the beautiful Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. I have just joined this forum and the main aim at this stage is to get as much info as possible before buying my first Cruiser. Don't have the $$ for a new one but am looking at the LC200 GXL around MY 2010. Will be selling my Nissan Navara which I have had since new (2010), it has taken us on the Big Lap with a camper/trailer and now have a caravan. It has never given a problem but struggles on some hills in the heat. So the LC200 has the power, reliability and hopefully the longevity I need. So, am excited at doing the changeover and joining the Land Cruiser group. Any advice on best places to look for buying and selling used Land Cruisers ( only been checking on CarSales.com & CarsGuide.com).

Hi Colin and Welcome. Sounds like a great plan you have there. There’s not a lot of info on the 200s on here, probably because they are so new so the general rules apply when buying.
Look at as many as you can for the right one. Do your homework on prices. Recognise a good one when you see it. Have a good look underneath each one for rust and signs of damage.Make sure everything works and it drives great as it should. Service history is a must and a private sale far better than a forecourt, as you can chat to the owner and get some history on the truck and a feel for how it’s been looked after. That is unless you’re in the right place at the right time and get a one lady owner low mileage minter from a Toyota forecourt at the right money like one member who’s just joined.

Good luck with the search.

Rich

Last edited:
Hi Colin and Welcome. Sounds like a great plan you have there. THe’s not a lot of info on the 200s on here, probably because they are so new so the general rules apply when buying.
Look at as many as you can for the right one. Do your homework on prices. Recognise a good one when you see it. Have a good look underneath each one for rust and signs of damage.Make sure everything works and it drives great as it should. Service history is a must and a private sale far better than a forecourt, as you can chat to the owner and get some history on the truck and a feel for how it’s been looked after. That is unless you’re in the right place at the right time and get a one lady owner low mileage minter from a Toyota forecourt at the right money like one member who’s just joined.

Rich
Hi Colin and Welcome. Sounds like a great plan you have there. THe’s not a lot of info on the 200s on here, probably because they are so new so the general rules apply when buying.

Rich
Many thanks Rich for the kind welcome and the advice on tips for tracking down the right Cruiser for me.

Welcome aboard Colin, can’t advise on a purchase that Richard hasn’t already said, looking forward to seeing what you get and do with it :thumbup:

Many thanks for the welcome Clive. Buying used vehicles, I have found over the years, can be a tricky business so I will be doing lots of research for a while.

Back