Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello all

Driver41

Country Flag
great_britain
image.jpeg
Hello all,
I am Carl from near Halstead Essex.
I currently have an Aussie FZJ80 manual which I have had for about six months and an UK 89 LJ70 which I have had for about 10 years although it has stood for the last five ...
Currently using the 80 every day, carried out a few minor repairs so far and plan to just tidy it up and keep it going, it has @ 260,000 km on the clock, but it runs sweet and goes really well for the size of it. Trying to get the 70 to run, have had the tank out and washed it out with MEK and cleaned the pickup pipes out but won't run unless you manually pump the fuel on the filter housing, so will try running it from a can to isolate the issue. It will need a lot of welding on body mounts and arches, so will take a it of time but it's going to be back on the road, used to nickname it the ' Land Crawler' because it was so damn slow.
Back ground - worked in main dealers since 1988 a lot of which was with Toyota franchise, but became disillusioned with the fact that nearly all are now PLC owned and have lost real customer focus, it's all about profit. So packed all that in and now do something without all the pressure and targets.
Did a little play four wheeling in Bures pit a good while back, but just intend to drive them now as I like driving them.
Hope to be able to contr
image.jpeg

Kind regards Carl

Hi Carl and welcome to the forum. You’re going to fit right in here as you’ve posted up pics before we’re even asked. :) Two great looking trucks you’ve got there you lucky thing. The valves and or diaphragms sometimes go in the primer pumps over time so you may benefit from replacing that or at least testing it’s suck and blow. :)
Good to have you aboard. Looking forward to seeing more of you and your trucks.

Best wishes
Rich

View attachment 140923 Hello all,
I am Carl from near Halstead Essex.
I currently have an Aussie FZJ80 manual which I have had for about six months and an UK 89 LJ70 which I have had for about 10 years although it has stood for the last five ...
Currently using the 80 every day, carried out a few minor repairs so far and plan to just tidy it up and keep it going, it has @ 260,000 km on the clock, but it runs sweet and goes really well for the size of it. Trying to get the 70 to run, have had the tank out and washed it out with MEK and cleaned the pickup pipes out but won't run unless you manually pump the fuel on the filter housing, so will try running it from a can to isolate the issue. It will need a lot of welding on body mounts and arches, so will take a it of time but it's going to be back on the road, used to nickname it the ' Land Crawler' because it was so damn slow.
Back ground - worked in main dealers since 1988 a lot of which was with Toyota franchise, but became disillusioned with the fact that nearly all are now PLC owned and have lost real customer focus, it's all about profit. So packed all that in and now do something without all the pressure and targets.
Did a little play four wheeling in Bures pit a good while back, but just intend to drive them now as I like driving them.
Hope to be able to contr
View attachment 140924
Kind regards Carl
Good looking 80. Looks well in that colour. Nice to see another 70 being saved too. My first cruiser was a white 70. Loved it. Got 3 80s now. Great site this plenty of helpful and knowledgeable Landcruiser enthusiasts

Welcome Carl.
Nice intro. Couple of nice cruisers you have there. The 70s defo worth savingm

Welcome Carl, love the old 70, same age as my 60 and had similar rust problems. Just tackle one thing at a time and keep at it. The 80 should last forever while you do the 70. If the 70 was a land crawler, my 60 must be a land snail !!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome aboard Carl, and as Karl said, nice intro. :thumbup:

Lovely looking 80 and the old pick-up behind the 70 looks interesting too...

Thanks all for the welcome,
I need to get the 70 running so I can get the old truck behind out !
Currently 'tarting up' the 80, just having fun with it, the 70 will be one step at a time - but it will be back on the road this year.
The old truck is a 1956 International Harvester S110, which I imported from Ohio in 2009 following a trip there to look at old Caterpillar bulldozers.
Regards Carl

The S110 looks interesting, hoping it's on the to-do list of resto’s...

Back