Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello Club

Hawkesy

Country Flag
australia
Hi All,

New to this posting and forum thing but have deeply fallen for my new new 200 series and if i can gain any tips to keep her on the road i,m a happy chap.

Name - Hawkesy
Cruiser - 2007 200 series V8 Diesel
Stock standard with a HPD catch can and secondary fuel filter
Plans for the cruiser - We tow a van with my young family so just want to keep it running well for as long as possible. Bit of beach and track work to get to surf breaks.

Cheers all!

Hi All,

New to this posting and forum thing but have deeply fallen for my new new 200 series and if i can gain any tips to keep her on the road i,m a happy chap.

Name - Hawkesy
Cruiser - 2007 200 series V8 Diesel
Stock standard with a HPD catch can and secondary fuel filter
Plans for the cruiser - We tow a van with my young family so just want to keep it running well for as long as possible. Bit of beach and track work to get to surf breaks.

Cheers all!
Hello! I'm new as well! I am looking to purchase my first Land Cruiser, and would love some advice if anyone is willing to help!

Hello! I'm new as well! I am looking to purchase my first Land Cruiser, and would love some advice if anyone is willing to help!
Wellcome. There are lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum. Not me I hasten to add but you soon learn!

Yep Hi everyone new here. Had a couple of cruisers previously a BJ42 and HZJ79 looking to get back into another soon after dramas with other brands.. Very keen for info help and assistance.

I have been on other forums before (mainly Pajero) generally there has been heaps of good info in amongst the many posts. Lots of knowledgeable people lurking around on here too i’m sure.

I loved my BJ42. It took me all over WA especially the beaches on the South Coast. Very fond memories. Wish i still had that one. Ha ha.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Hawkesy,

Welcome to this friendly forum. There’s more and more 200 owners coming on board now but seems very few problems noted (well it is a cruiser) but generic advice applies, look after your cruiser and your cruiser will look after you. It probably won’t bat an eyelid if neglected but problems will probably start adding up.

Wash off any dirt or road salt paying particular attention to underneath and any areas that might hold dirt, wheel arches, chassis rails, behind any plastic trim pieces. Change cam belt if there is one if you don’t know when it was done and at the approved intervals thereafter. Invest in a good scan tool/software. Earlier 100 series use Techstream but I’ve no idea if it runs in a 200. I’m sure others more knowledgeable than me on the 200 will have more to add.

Good to have you on board.

Best wishes
Rich

Ps other new guys, welcome, but best to do your own ‘introduce yourself’ thread, that way you’ll get your own responses and learn a bit on how the forum works.

All, post up some pics, we love pics. :)

Back