Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello From Florida

1991LJ71

Country Flag
united_states
Hello, my name is Gio,
I'm from sunny south florida.
I have two land cruisers, the first is a 1982 LandCruiser FJ45 from Australia with the 2F "gasser"
The second is a 1991 LJ71 From Japan with the 2.4LTE "Diesel"
Mods on your Cruiser: mostly stock on both aside from rims and tires
Plans for your Cruiser: FJ 45: Diesel conversion, thinking of going cummins as all the parts are readily available and easy to maintain in the states
LJ71: suspension upgrade and swap to either a 1KZTE or run a cummins as well and take the 2.4 and drop into a tacoma to finally have a "US" Hi-LUX
4x4 Experience: Former manufacturer of the J-mount used for the Hi-lift jack, owned an offroad accessory shop for a few years and also a FJ restoration shop(more of a playground that shop LOL)
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: I'm relatively young as I am 26 and most of my experiences come from doing these businesses with my brother and father. I am also an Accountant and pursuing my Masters in Taxation. Simple guy, love the outdoors and tinkering like everyone else on here, love a good build thread and hoping i can learn a lot from all you Guru's and take some useful information and pass it along.

Hi Gio and welcome....

Nice trucks but we do like photos!

For the 45 parts I expect you already know of www.sor.com who are based in LA although there are numerous parts emporiums for 40 series over there.

Regards,

Rodger

Photos coming your way! and yes I do know of sor.com, the 40 series is easy more or less to find parts for. its the 70 series I am really running into trouble with especially when it comes to smaller more hard to find parts.

IMG_7731.JPG

the day I picked up, I still have the original rims but preferred to run some steel rims and 31's which I have on now.
IMG_6878.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rodger,

Thank you for the sites. currently having some rust issues with the 70 series and looking at how to attack that.

Hi Gio,

You have there a pair of nice cruisers.

I am planning to import a LJ70 from Japan. How was your experience? Did you get what you thought you were buying?

Hi Rodger, many thanks for those websites very useful.

All the best

Back