Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Japan!

Blomdala

Country Flag
united_states
Hello!

Ill start with the template because im not that creative!

Your name: Andrew

Your Cruiser: Not Aqquired yet:/ But an HZJ77 will be chosen in the next year and a half

Mods on your Cruiser: :(

Plans for your Cruiser: Goal :family Hauler, Plans: Updated front clip form Canadian mine truck, (LHD and/or dahs upgrade if I have the time/money/wifesupport), 2-3 in lift, ARB bull bar, Roof rack, Maybe a light or two and then CAMPPPPP!
4x4 Experience: Previously I only dealt with mini trucks/4runner/hilux and my focus was rock crawling. MOst off road experience is with the Rubicon Trail in California.

Anything else you think is interesting or relevant:
Im living in Japan for another 2 years, I work for Toyota North america and am on "loan" to Toyota Japan for a total of 3 years. I have 3 girls at home (Wife, 2 year old, 1 year old) and they approve of my addition to toyotas. Ive never owned a Land Cruiser, but have always known they are the best on earth. Thankful for my growing family to help push me in the right direction to move from a 4Runner to a Land cruiser. As some may know, nothing younger than 25 years will get into the states legally so Ill be looking for a 1995- HZJ77 here in japan to bring home with me! I love having 4 doors and nothing will ever beat the look of a 70 for me. Not to mention the durability and simplicity! Ive learned alot of great information from this forum and am very thankful for the members here and thier openess and willingness to help out! I hope to be contributiong here soon!

Hello and welcome.

I was going to suggest Ben's thread but, on checking, I see you have already found it. The book he has on 70 series sounds amazing.

My son is the Driver Trainer (500 ton Cats, etc) at one the huge Tech mines in Alberta, so when you get near the time of needing a ex-mine 70 I can ask him how they dispose of their trucks, if that helps.

Regards,

Rodger

Hello and welcome.

I was going to suggest Ben's thread but, on checking, I see you have already found it. The book he has on 70 series sounds amazing.

My son is the Driver Trainer (500 ton Cats, etc) at one the huge Tech mines in Alberta, so when you get near the time of needing a ex-mine 70 I can ask him how they dispose of their trucks, if that helps.

Regards,

Rodger
Rodger I appreciate the Welcome!

Ben seems to be THE GUY to talk to for 70 series! I emailed the company for the book he mentioned, im local (they ship from Tokyo) so im sure shipping would be a little different, but they said it was 10$ shipping and 8$ tax. so you might be able to end up being the same price with no tax! I think Im going to order it soon to start learning some more about them!

Rodger I REALLY appreciate that offer! I will most definitely reach out to you about that as I get closer! I'm not completely sure about all those operations and what to look for, so you and your sons guideance is very much appreciated.

I dont have anything specific to offer off the bat, but if there is any kind of info some something i can try to dig up from toyota for your vehicles let me know! Sadly there isnt a huge emphasis on the heritage of Toyota (specifically off road vehicles) but there are some old manuals and books Ive found here for some vehicles!

Back