Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from locked-down Cape Town

Richards919

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi All,

I have recently bought my own 1HD-T 80 series in sunny South Africa. It's a UK import VX so has its roots in the UK.

She needs a bit of TLC with some ropey mods over the years so hoping to lean on some of your knowledge wealth to get !e through the TLC required.

I have worked on another 80 series (1FZ) and done some overlanding in Namibia, but all my car history is race car stuff. Currently have a 500hp rotary RX7 that used to keep me out of trouble. All work is always DIY...

Looking forward to learning something from this forum.

Hi from lock-down UK,

Welcome, I'm sure your gona lern a lot, theres some knowledgeable good old boys on here, not me cos I'm not as old as them. :icon-biggrin: :thumbup: :laughing-rolling:

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!!!

I am sure you will find some knowledgeable posts on hear.

post some pictures when you can.

I am sure a lot of guys on here will be jealous of what you have almost on your doorstep (Under normal circumstances).

Welcome from the UK which I am very pleased to say isn't actually in lockdown despite what people say

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Your more than welcome.

Stay safe.

I supose this Corona Virus brings a new meaning to the old meaning of 'Apartheid' :thumbdown:
Some potentially tough times for the less fortunate in SA at the moment. Although the prelim numbers seem to show the infection rate drastically reduced. Let's see how that pans out. Not entirely sure the numbers are a true representative.

I'm pretty upset that I didn't buy enough spares to get all my TLC items out of the way during this lockdown though...

Welcome from the UK which I am very pleased to say isn't actually in lockdown despite what people say

Thanks very much Chris - I have already had a look through some of your threads. Impressive work. Quite a few of your posts saved on my to-do list...

Welcome!!!

I am sure you will find some knowledgeable posts on hear.

post some pictures when you can.

I am sure a lot of guys on here will be jealous of what you have almost on your doorstep (Under normal circumstances).

Thanks Dyl! Really can't wait to get cracking on the to-do list and go adventure. Very exciting times ahead...

Back