Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Norway

Øyvind Sør

Country Flag
norway
Hello!

I am new to this forum. I have earlier had a Hilux, 1996 model. I have just bought myself a Land Cruiser 90, with some faults, it is a 2001 model, with the 1 KD-FTV engine and a manual Transmission. Happy with the manual. Started sorting out the car, an fixed most of the lighting problems.

Best Regards

Øyvind

Welcome from me in France. What sort of lighting problems have you had?

Mostly rear lights, driving, break lights and rear fog lights. Managed to wire up the lights again, some connections made in the previous life of the car had slipped out.

Hi Øyvind and Welcome.
Let’s have some pics of your truck. We love pics on here. Good to have you aboard.

If you don’t mind me saying, at 10 you seem awfully young to be driving, let alone doing your own mechanics and on your second vehicle. :)

Hi Øyvind and Welcome.
Let’s have some pics of your truck. We love pics on here. Good to have you aboard.

If you don’t mind me saying, at 10 you seem awfully young to be driving, let alone doing your own mechanics and on your second vehicle. :)

HAHA, I might have clicked wrong there. I am not in fact 10 years old.

This is it at the moment, pretty stock.

bil.jpg

Apparently i have to contact an administrator to change my date of birth.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got a quick question, the plastic covering the lower part/wheel arces of the car is fastened with plastic clips, do anyone know where you get these clips that connects the plastic to the body panels?

Thank you! Maybe, i have only looked at some broken ones where the fender is loose. Will have to loosen another one and investigate, i am not particularly fond of these plastic fastners :)

New parts from Amayama, euro4x4parts, partsouq, sometimes local dealer - if in a hurry. 2nd hand in Denmark or UK, or fleebay.

@Crispin will help you grow up a little. :lol:

Looks a tidy cruiser and in the right sort of environment for some good use. :thumbup:

I’ve had some luck finding clips on eBay but you have to search through a few. The clips are usually pretty good if left alone and aren’t usually the only method of holding the skirts on. Check for and cure rust and remove crud behind the skirts when you remove and change the clips.

hehe, thanks!
Okey, will check it out! They probably are, one fender is loose, and missing some receivers for the clips, don't know how that happend, may be able to use some epoxy and glue, but don't know, have to think about it.

HAHA, I might have clicked wrong there. I am not in fact 10 years old.

This is it at the moment, pretty stock.

View attachment 153250

Great looking 90 series, they do look good in black. Just needs the silver painting black, a small lift and the wheels changing for 80 series ones and 275 tyres and you'll be there.
here's an example:-
IMG_1165.JPG

Back