Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from the west of Ireland.

Bennyc

Country Flag
ireland
Hello.

My name is breandan. I’m living in doolin in Clare Ireland.
Iv a Toyota lj70 with a couple of years. Going great but a bit rusty underneath in fairness it’s never let me doing and it could be left for weeks and always starts with out a jump. Have had some great adventures in it.
Iv managed to buy a lj78 lately been trying to get one with ages not easy to get these days it’s solid everywhere it’s been stored in a garage for a couple of years needs a little tiding and an engine. There’s a 2.4 in it with no turbo. Don’t ask why I bought it from a russsn.
I also last night bought a 1999 90 series landcruiser with a 1kz-te engine so need advice on what the best way to approach the swap I’ll start a thread later today and try and get a few pictures also.
Iv also a few other cars iv a 98 e36 m3 saloon gone through a massive restoration in the middle of getting the engine rebuilt at the monument. Iv a e30 325 sport also and a Renault Clio 182 cup too. I drive a transit custom for work I’m a Electrican.
Many lads on here from Ireland.?

Welcome.

Sounds like you have a couple of fun projects on the go.

Hi Brendan, I'm over on the Carlow/Wicklow border. The swap of a kz into a 70 should be straight forward enough, as the later 70 series came with that engine too. I'm sure others would know more though

Here’s a couple of pictures of my collection (so far)
The m3. Fully resprayed

A98C7670-B775-41BF-9B0E-A9891C688BDF.jpeg

The e30 325. Needs restoring 722A7C01-086C-4577-925E-B269C38D3AA0.jpeg B2251654-0C08-471A-92EF-7CA93C39057C.jpeg

The lj70. Needs a lot of work underneath 4ED1BAC3-EED3-408F-B542-19890C0F70DD.jpeg

And the Clio. It’s a great fun car. Probably not going to keep it much longer no good with a wire and two kids. But nice to have it all the same. 948F758E-6EFE-4586-8E22-8C70EAEC9341.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Brendan, I can’t offer any advice on the swap, but I’m sure someone will.

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Love the E30, same as I had as a yoof, it got beat to death every time the keys were in it, but broke a fair bit, still did 100k in 3.5 yrs and I got£500 less than I paid for it when I sold it!

welcome breandon.

Love the bemmas. had a few e30s and e36s over the years. sold my convertable m3 evo few years back. whish i had them all now.

Hello.

My name is breandan. I’m living in doolin in Clare Ireland.
Iv a Toyota lj70 with a couple of years. Going great but a bit rusty underneath in fairness it’s never let me doing and it could be left for weeks and always starts with out a jump. Have had some great adventures in it.
Iv managed to buy a lj78 lately been trying to get one with ages not easy to get these days it’s solid everywhere it’s been stored in a garage for a couple of years needs a little tiding and an engine. There’s a 2.4 in it with no turbo. Don’t ask why I bought it from a russsn.
I also last night bought a 1999 90 series landcruiser with a 1kz-te engine so need advice on what the best way to approach the swap I’ll start a thread later today and try and get a few pictures also.
Iv also a few other cars iv a 98 e36 m3 saloon gone through a massive restoration in the middle of getting the engine rebuilt at the monument. Iv a e30 325 sport also and a Renault Clio 182 cup too. I drive a transit custom for work I’m a Electrican.
Many lads on here from Ireland.?
Sounds like quite a fleet you've got there. Welcome to the forum & thanks for the photos - we love photos!

Hi Breandan and welcome. You’ve sure got a nice collection going there. Looks like the Emerald isle is a good place to be a sparkie. :lol:

Seems like you don’t hang around with your projects so I wish you luck with the engine install. You’ve come to the right place for help from a great bunch of people.
Look forward to seeing it completed.

Thanks lads

Defo be looking for info for the landcruiser. It might look like I get on with my projects quickly but in fact in don’t. The m3 is going on 3 years and I haven’t done a bit with it. It’s in garage which specializes in high end cars. Lots of restorations going on. Here’s a pic of my m3 engine it’s nearly read to back in.

FD29F234-79EF-4F5D-A935-843DA0B2BA8C.jpeg

With work and 2 kids a 2 year old and a 6 month old I don’t get a hole lot for working on my cars. I’m not back to work fully till Monday so I’m trying to get as much done this week as possible.

Hi Breandan - did you do that engine swap in the end - I may need to do something similar with my LJ71

Back