Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Virginia!

Scott12

Country Flag
united_states
Hello all, I am currently considering becoming a Land Cruiser owner. I have always loved them and have been looking for something to drive as my daily driver, I want to give my Tundra a break. I have heard they are bullet proof and i'm thinking about buying one. Since I have no idea what I am doing I thought I would start here.
I have a friend that is selling a 1992 Land Cruiser. He told me that everyone told him that this one had the good motor in it, the inline V6. My research shows that this motor didn't show up until 1993 but i'm not sure. The truck has 250,000 miles on it and he says that he only knows of one thing wrong with it. He says the cruise control will kick off if you hit a bump, other than that he says no issues that he is aware of. He used it as his daily driver for a while, he's one of these guys that has multiple vehicles to drive. He told me he just put a new exhaust on it, the previous owner had installed a dual exhaust. He had it changed back to a single so he could re-mount the spare tire. He has the spare tire mounts just hasn't installed yet. It has brand new tires. Overall the thing looks like it is in great shape. I know this is vague information but I am wondering what a fair price would be.
I am glad to have found this site and hope to be around for a while, I am just nervous about making the purchase. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and thanks for having me.

Scott

I heard back from him and he is saying it is a 1992 with an inline 6, I noticed I mistyped and called it a V6.

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum.
I am a relative newbie so I would not know what to advise really. I am sure lots of people with tons more knowledge than me will be along once they sober up after watching the World Cup! :happy-wavemulticol:

See you around and good luck if you go ahead.

If you can get the VIN number from the guy, you can dig up quite a bit of info on what the truck should be

If you can get the VIN number from the guy, you can dig up quite a bit of info on what the truck should be

I am headed over in about an hour to check it out. I appreciate the help. Once I get the VIN where can I use it to find information? Do I just do a Google search?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Toyodiy.com is a good place to check details

Toyodiy.com is a good place to check details

Thanks for the help. The cruiser was more than I want to bite off. It ran great but I just don't have the means to take care of a vehicle in various states of repair. Maybe one day.

Back