Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Warwickshire, UK

hooperman

Country Flag
uk
Hi, I'm Gary from Warwickshire. Just bought a 2001 Colorado VX with D4D engine and ~135k miles.

First impressions really good, everything works, which is a nice surprise after owning a Discovery 2 and 3! Underside is solid with no obvious rust, although I've not had chance to have a really good poke about yet.

There does not appear to have been any modifications made to the vehicle by previous owners. Unsure as to what mods I'd like to make. It needs some new tyres so will probably get some Grabber AT3's fitted as these were excellent on the D3.

I'm planning to do mostly gentle off road stuff and trips to more remote parts of UK. Don't envisage doing any really hardcore off-road stuff.

I'd be interested to know why it's got TRD badges on the rear and embossed in the 'wood' trim on passenger side, I've not seen these on any other vehicles I was looking at.

T R D is normally on the imported trucks and cars. Stands for Toyota race development . Never really got the point of putting it on a big ol 4x4 but there you go. I had a Colorado a few years back and really rated it but I needed an 80 back. If yours is clean underneath also points to it being an import too as the UK trucks really can suffer from the tin worm unfortunately. You've landed in the right place for all things cruiser. Welcome

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-L...334537?hash=item41cf739c09:g:HnsAAOSwO7haRjXG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pcs-Ch...139437&hash=item3d27c843cc:g:pT8AAOSwa~BYQsev

I would delay choosing tyres until you have a very clear picture in your mind of what other mods you might like to add , I originally joined the forum only wanting to know what bigger tyres might fit my standard 90 , over the next 5 years i think i bought 3 sets of 5 wheels and tyres for that same truck because things kept evolving , i sometimes wish i'd never have seen these pair

bigshiney90_zpsaf658995-jpg.80907.jpg

ab_oldcoachroad7large_zpsc175904a-jpg.84409

Below is where i'm at now with my 90 and its still in the back of my mind i could go a bit bigger with another set of wheels and tyres which hasn't happened because along the way i also bought another 90 and an 80 !

upload_2019-12-10_6-10-27.png

Back