Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hello guys

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Just wondered if any one has replaced the rear cross member that runs between the rear back wheels as have already had it welded once but has cracked again.
The pole in question holds components such as sway bars etc but just rusted to bits but i have a scaffold piece threw the cracked part for extra support.
My question is has anyone replaced there cross member and is it a garage job.:text-thankyoublue::flags-wavegreatbri:

Hi Tony,
Are you talking about the round pipe 2" that connect the left and right chassis beam ?
Or better, can you show a pic of it ?

Not being funny Tony but you might attract more help if you change your title to something more specific, such as 'Anyone replaced their rear cross member?'
Good luck with it.

If it needs replaced after the repairs you already had done Tony i would suggests you find another shop to do your welding for you .

Welding good steel to rust just isn't done by a good guy and you wouldn't be asking this question had the last repairer not done exactly that .

If it needs replaced after the repairs you already had done Tony i would suggests you find another shop to do your welding for you .

Welding good steel to rust just isn't done by a good guy and you wouldn't be asking this question had the last repairer not done exactly that .

No i was there when it got welded shane and just it has cracked in two other places but i managed to get a scaffold piece 49mm in diamiter as the crossmember is 50mm.
Since the crossmember has a weld lip in the middle a full piece of scaffold was not an option so got two pieces cut to 20in long and welded either side then got 8mm steel rods and they went inside the scaffolding piece to make it one solid piece again so no more worrying about cracked crossmember as it feels solid again.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back