Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help Identifying Parts

ron1

Country Flag
united_states
These are on an FJ40 I just purchased:
View attachment 2532645View attachment 2532646

A friend suggested the bracket with the spring is for hooking canvass type sun shades on?

The aluminuim bracket was bolted on the tailgate door, under where someone mounted a gas can holder where the spare tire should be, they mounted it on the side. There is MFF 15704B cast into it. Cannot get a match on the interweb with the numbers. Any clue what it would be for?

Sorry, but cannot open either attachment. Could you re-post please?

Regards,

Rodger

I embedded the pict's in the message.

Will try attaching.
20201223_085304.jpg
20201223_085611.jpg

The second photo looks to me that someone has fitted those pieces to keep a roof rack cover secure. Definitely not standard. Looking at your other thread they seem to support that idea.

Re the first picture above, currently I have no idea what it is for or where it fits. Please tell/show where it fits and it may make more sense.

Yes sor are not cheap but I have found that they do have the quality. Even so $1000 sounds strong but then it is several years since I have bought anything from them.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks for your replies.

The first photo part was mounted on the bit that swings out where the spare is usually mounted. It is actually a third rear door, you can see the large brackets for mounting it in the photo. The unidentified part was mounted just below the gas can.

There was also some receptacles on the side for battery power, I suppose for night lights. Got the spring brackets, receptacles and wiring out today.

Front clip is off, may tackle the hard top next, which looks like a real mess. Will probably break a lot of bolts, lending to heaps of drilling and tapping.

Attachments

• 20201019_181904.jpg
    20201019_181904.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 25
Back