Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help with colour code

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi got an imported 1996 Prado, wanted to do some touch up on body, looked for the colour code from the VIN plate, it says K03, from google it told me it’s a colour called sea mist?? I am not sure if that is the colour of mine. Can anybody help?
attached photo is vin detail and colour of my car in daylight

Attachments

• 7DA5D682-9B0B-4737-A699-3DE2401B1BFB.jpeg
    7DA5D682-9B0B-4737-A699-3DE2401B1BFB.jpeg
    709 KB · Views: 386
  • 8C99FBEB-3827-48EA-8195-7E8A1A72E8F3.jpeg
    8C99FBEB-3827-48EA-8195-7E8A1A72E8F3.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Looks white to me but could it be desert dune metallic ?

Two Tone Color Combination - K03 (1A5 + UAA1)
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Touch Up Paint | Desert Dune Metallic 1A5
1A5Desert Dune Metallic
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Touch Up Paint | Gray Metallic UAA1, UCAA1
UAA1, UCAA1Gray Metallic

Thanks, definitely looks more like Desert Dune Met. so if I want to get a touch up bottle, what do I tell the supplier? Mix for 1A5? This is confusing... but really appreciate your infor.

I think thats an american website but if you can find an autopaints place that mixes up rattle cans for you they will work it out , Toyota 202 black wasn't good enough for my local place said it gave them a bunch of mix options so went looking for the old guy out back who knew which was most likely used 20 years ago .

Thanks Shayne, will give 1A5 a shot, my touch up area is not the dominant/visible area of the body anyway.

Halfords paint is crap and not a good match but i have found through trial and error for scratches its good as it has no inherent strength so you can spray it on then polish it all off again leaving only the scratch filled .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could you not find your local bodyshop and ask if they have one of them digital scanners and ask them to colour match to your truck as depending on the age the paint work can fade a bit usually the darker colours they then have the digital scan and the mixing machine can mix it up and can it for you

There is a body shop near me maybe will check after lockdown is lifted. Next one will be Half**d which I don’t trust. Used to have a white candy golf and the matched paint code I bought from them ended up making my bumper looks substantially different from the body...

Back