Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hey Everyone! I just bought my first landcruiser project!

Jas-BJ73-85

Country Flag
australia
Hey everyone!

I have just purchased my very first landcruiser project!

Its a 1985 BJ73 Toyota Land cruiser MWB

It has 449 000 kms on the clock and still drive like a beast!

However, it has some issues, like anything thats 35 years old!

It has some rust from where the FRP TOP has leaked which is being converted and protected.
It needs a full new exhaust. Does anywhere know where i can buy a new extractor/manifold for this engine?
It has some leaks and usual stuff that my mechanic is fixing for me, but the one thing that has stumped my to this point and i can not thing of a sulotion is that it still has a Walking Cane. This is an issue because it is dumping all that waist and used oil right onto my front drive shaft! Has anyone got a solutions to fix this? like putting in a catch can or something?

Appreciate any advise, help, or tips!

Located Brisbane!

This is an issue because it is dumping all that waist and used oil right onto my front drive shaft! Has anyone got a solutions to fix this? like putting in a catch can or something?
We have another name for this in the old Toyota community..... rustproofing!

Seriously though well done what are you going to use your new LC for? I'm in Brisbane too.

I got into 4wd when I was a kid! I’ve always wanted one of these old girls!
Im looking to get it into a nice looking condition and fix her up a little and then it will become my little 4bie that we will be doing day drips and over nighters out bush and up beach!

Back