Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from a cruiser owner in london

hairyguy4

Hi, my names jack and i currently own a kzj70, has a 2" iron man lift and 265 75 maxxis bighorns, this is my second cruiser and i absolutley love it, i originally had an lj71 but was wooed by the 3.0 and finally succumbed to temptation

my lj at mud monsters, has been more around the world than me, was imported from japan, then was used to drive to and from lithuania then sold to a romanian who drove it back there :o
25042010306.jpg

my kzj at abingdon
S6302809-1.jpg

have been lurking around here and another site *cough* for a while but decided to join up here as it is alot nicer forum ;)

Jack

Welcome, nice to see some muddy trucks :thumbup:

Welcome jack

Hope you enjoy the (nice) forum

Looking forward to some pics where the truck gets dirty :thumbup:

karl

Welcome Jack, whereabouts in London are you? if you add your location to your profile we'll be able to see you on a map :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
im in s.e, will put my location on :thumbup: also i often go to bristol for college and on the way back through didcot parkway i usually see an absolutely gorgeos white 70 troopy parked near the station, must be someones on here?

Jack

Welcome on board Jack - good to see the 70 dwellers massing :cool:

Hey Jack,

Welcome, I'm in SW London with a '40 so if you've been laning locally I'd be happy to go along.

Cheers
Jase

Hey Jack, nice 70! do you notice the difference with the 3lt engine over the 2.4ltr? Thinking about swopping the engine in mine for a bit more power.

Simon_LJ70 said:
Hey Jack, nice 70! do you notice the difference with the 3lt engine over the 2.4ltr? Thinking about swopping the engine in mine for a bit more power.
Hi Simon,
A bit of a 'jump in' here.
I bought a red 70 series, with the 2,4L.
I bought it with a water problem, more than likley, it was the head gone.
I got West Coast 4x4, to pull the old 2,4L out, and fit a 3,0L KZTE.

DSC00116.jpg

It was like driving night and day, so much more torque and power.
Even with the 35 inch tyres, there was never any need to use 1st gear.
I didn't have the gearbox changed.

Graham

Simon_LJ70 said:

yeah definatly, the 2.4 is a nice powerful engine but the 3.0 is awsome power, just pulls so well at any speed and on any kind of gradient

Welcome over from the dark side Jack, Nice truck :thumbup: Yes you're right it's a lot nicer over here and no one called Simon to stop you posting anything interesting to others, This ones for you Simon :violence-smack:
Oh and just incase your looking in, have some of this :obscene-buttsway:

Nick

Welcome Jack

How do you like the Big horns?? I'm running Cooper STTs and Big Horns were a close 2nd, and I may end up going with them next because I think they're good bang for buck - but what are they like on tar in poor weather - i.e. every day :)

yeah they are realy good, a bit of a hum on the motorway, wet traction is pretty good aswell, never had any scary moments with braking, aqua planning cornering etcand offroad they're brill, walked through abingdon mud run without even struggling

cheers big clean green, never had any run in's with him but read about it here and decided it wasn't worth the agro over there :thumbup:

Jase said:
Hey Jack,

Welcome, I'm in SW London with a '40 so if you've been laning locally I'd be happy to go along.

Cheers
Jase

Hi sorry for the late reply, haven't been laning properley yet, have done strata florida but i mostly go to p&p days, would like to start laning though :thumbup:

Back