Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi From Aus

Gasmanjc

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys Joined Hoping to get involved with a friendly forum!

My name: Jay
My Cruiser: 2010 150 Prado Kakadu - 70k
Mods so far:
ARB T15 Winch Bar
9" LED spot lights
Rhino Aluminium Roof Platform
2.5 x 3.0 Awning
2" Lift Dobinsons front struts and springs, Airbag man bags in rear and oztec struts
TJM Airtec snorkel
Tyres: Hancook Dynapro AMT

Next round of mods will be bash plates, winch , recovery points , towbar, rear camp lights and dual Battery. Currently my Daily driver but setting up for camping and touring with the Family etc.
Have done a little bashing but no "real" adventures yet

Im loving this car

Before Mods
20160825_065944_zpsjvbmhejb.jpg

20160630_163706_zpsmyojcc7g.jpg

20160630_165323_zpsmnk0mbe4.jpg

After Mods
20160917_151734_zps4hswcw9d.jpg

Jay

Hi Jay it's good to to see anyone modifying a modern LC it can't be easy with all those bloody microchips to deal with so well done mate :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum, thats a nicely modified 150, it should make a fun family tourer. Plenty of trails to choose from in Oz. Will you be fitting a long range fuel tank?

Thanks guys. Thanks for the welcome.All the microchips haven't been too bad . I have lost the KDSS due to aftermarket suspension but it's worth it for the handling and clearance .

It comes factory with a 150 litre tank which gives me between 1200 and 1400 ks per tank depending in conditions, which I think is awesome economy for a 2 and a half ton vehicle . I may fit a water tank behind the rear of the fuel tank yet.

Jay

That does look good with the raise and bumper.

Why did you lose the KDSS? I thought that works on the anti-roll bar? Changing the shocks should not have affected that? I was impressed at how the KDSS reduced the roll in corners.

Welcome BTW :)

Hi Crispin thanks
I lost the Sports /comfort function the original struts have a connection to the KDSS as far as i know. There are electrical connections on the factory struts that must change the way they react, I think they work together with the KDSS to change the ride handling. At a guess the sway bar system might still operate but nowhere near as effectively , as an example I dont feel like throwing up when driving on the highway due to how boat like ride was while in comfort mode. :confused:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There you go Toyota Gasmanjc has shown you what your doing wrong , if we wanted a rangerover we would buy a rangerover , probably in a colour to match our high heel shoes .

Only the Kakadu and vx models came with KDSS here Shayne. My own fault for buying that variant. I had to have the interior and sunroof though no matter what. My mates give me crap for having the grandpa spec but they drive dirty old Nissans so their opinions are null anyway

Only the Kakadu and vx models came with KDSS here Shayne. My own fault for buying that variant. I had to have the interior and sunroof though no matter what. My mates give me crap for having the grandpa spec but they drive dirty old Nissans so their opinions are null anyway

Clearly, that's just jealousy :lol:

Welcome to the forum Jay :thumbup:

Nice vid... good looking trails there, in OZ! :thumbup:

Back