Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from new FJ45 pick up owner

Last one until more build up tomorrow
I have two weeks now to try to get it ready to fire up
IMG_4350.JPG

Dic looking good keep up with it thanks for the pics love them :thumbup: from Tony.

Nice job,now it's the easy part,putting the puzzle back together!:dance:

Some more progress yesterday.
This is the correct rear body mount the white one previously posted was off an older model that I took a photo of so we could make the part
IMG_3023.JPGIMG_3017.JPGIMG_3018.JPGIMG_3028.JPGIMG_3029.JPG
As you can see I have gone for a stone chip on the underside of the cab wings and side steps.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 367
Great progress yesterday after a few frustrating days with fiddly stuff
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking good, what have you done to the engine? or was it fine and just had a sprus up? I know you have some new 16inch wheels,,what tyres are you thinking about??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just had a massive catch up and this is just....well.....amazing, the paintwork looks outstanding and what a nice original colour.

Love it, well done so far..:thumbup: brightened the day seeing those pic's.

C.

Just had a massive catch up and this is just....well.....amazing, the paintwork looks outstanding and what a nice original colour. Love it, well done so far..:thumbup: brightened the day seeing those pic's.C.

Just done the same catch-up, what a lovely job done on this. The color is the best I've seen for this truck. Gorgeous. :thumbup:

I have to be honest but it was my wife who convinced me to stick with the original colour (rustic green 621) as printed on the delivery docsIMG_1897.JPG

Getting there but have a problem with the viscous fan coupling and fan.
Anybody know where I can get one for this?IMG_3191.JPGIMG_3193.JPGIMG_3195.JPG

Hi DIC,

The truck is looking really good.
I got my viscous fan from Euro 4x4 by return. They had them in stock but that was over a year ago. Speak to Nikoli on 0034 972374410 or their website.

Cheers

Roger
I tried Euro 4X4 and they dont stock anymore.
I could go to a direct drive or electric fan
Any thoughts anybody.

Another place that might be worth a try is Megastore4x4. They are in Portugal.
I assume (always dangerous) by direct drive you mean exclude the viscous coupling. If so when ours stopped working the engine only became hot when under extreme loads - long (several kms) uphill fully laden and we later discovered that there was a quantity of mud stuck in the bottom of the rad fins but it never boiled. Interestingly although we have the new coupling it never runs on after the motor is switched off even out here in the hot summers so I don't think going direct drive would be a problem and it would look better than (IMO) than an electric fan.

Cheers
Rodger

Roger
Yes direct without coupling was what I was thinking.
I have ordered a new direct pump and fan from euro 4X4 as I have the original pump and a Landover fan that fits but may be over cooling???
The problem I am having is that it will only warm up to about 1/3rd on the water temp gauge and blow barely warm air even when engine is up to temp.
I was considering electric fan but I get your drift as the truck is mostly original apart from the rear body.

Hi you can also try N14x4 in South Africa,they are good and have nearly everything you need for any landcruiser.
The pound //rand ratio works to your favour.

After many months of messing around with body on body off, fans, fuel tanks and exhausts I have decided to fit a SS fuel tank under the pick up bed and SS exhaust (see attached). I am aslo having trouble starting her after a few days with the carb looking empty of fuel. Does anybody have the same problem and do I need a non return valve in the fuel line?

IMG_4637.JPG IMG_4638.JPG

Roger
Yes direct without coupling was what I was thinking.
I have ordered a new direct pump and fan from euro 4X4 as I have the original pump and a Landover fan that fits but may be over cooling???
The problem I am having is that it will only warm up to about 1/3rd on the water temp gauge and blow barely warm air even when engine is up to temp.
I was considering electric fan but I get your drift as the truck is mostly original apart from the rear body.

Looks like I'm well late commenting on your quote above, but it sounds to me like your thermostat is not working correctly.

I don't know your engine, but the principle is simple, the stat should stay shut from cold blocking any water from circulating around the radiator until up to temp.

Then it should open a little to allow some water to circulate thtough the rad until the whole system is up to temp.

If the stat is stuck open, then it will take a very long time to get up to temp, if ever, because there's nothing to regulate the temperature.

It sounds like your stat is either stuck open or its opening too soon.

Likewise, if it stays closed, once up to temp it won't release flow to the rad and she'll boil up.

The problem with a fixed fan is that the rad will probably be over-cooled meaning the stat will be (or should be) in the closed or almost closed position all the time.

If I'm right, and it's not closing at all, it will never get to temp, so there'll be very little chance of ever having hot (enough) water circulating the heater matrix.

The fixed fan will only make this situation worse.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you get a new stat.

I said it before, but this a beautiful truck, and a major credit to you and the build. :thumbup:

Back