Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from new member

Clive T

Country Flag
england
Hi All.
I am a new member of your club. I have a 1994 Series 80 RV 4.5Ltr Manual that the wife and kids call my Rust Bucket! I have had it now for 3 years and bought it from a friend that brought it home with him when he left Australia, its done 360,000Km.
I will be asking for help with some parts at some time probably from you guys in Oz as there are some parts I don't seem to be able to get over here in England.
Hope I have done this right for my first post as not that good with computers!!!!
All the best Clive

Welcome mate. You should have a factory subtank if its a oz import.
theres no problem getting genuine parts over here.:)
just send me a pm with any requests. I supply quite a few petrol owning forum members with parts.
cheers
mike

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Clive, seems funny to be typing my own name.. not so many of us about, especially where I’m living. :think: :lol:

360k kms means it’s nicely run-in, plenty left in the old girl I’d imagine.

My old diesel HZJ 80 has 420k kms, still good, touch wood... :thumbup:

Welcome Clive.
i expect the manual petrol is fun. Its one of the 80s that i havnt owned yet ;)

Pics are always good.

Genuine parts are easy to find. drop me a pm or you can find me on Landcruiserparts.co.uk

Cheers

Hi again all.
Thanks for the welcome to the Club :)
As you said Mike it has got a sub tank fitted but not sure how much it holds, but that is also one of the things I have a problem with as the fuel pump that transfers the fuel to the main tank needs some attention. I all so have a problem with the fuel filler and diverting valve as it is very rusted away and the valve is seized. I did get one from Gary, (who I think maybe in the Club) but it is for a Diesel and has a 45 degree outlet not a 90, but can manage on the main tank for now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Clive and Welcome. Hope your truck isn’t as rusty as its (rather unfortunate) nickname suggests.

As mentioned, post up some photos, it’s quite easy to do via the ‘upload a file’ button. I expect you’ll find you’re better with computers than you think you are. :)

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

Hi again all.
Thanks for the welcome to the Club :)
As you said Mike it has got a sub tank fitted but not sure how much it holds, but that is also one of the things I have a problem with as the fuel pump that transfers the fuel to the main tank needs some attention. I all so have a problem with the fuel filler and diverting valve as it is very rusted away and the valve is seized. I did get one from Gary, (who I think maybe in the Club) but it is for a Diesel and has a 45 degree outlet not a 90, but can manage on the main tank for now.

You can still use the duel filler neck supplied by gary, you may have to alter the rubber hoses a bit. The one you have is the later version. If you were to buy a new one this is what you would get. The only difference between petrol and diesel necks is the petrol has a restricter at the mouth.
i have a couple of toyota transfer pumps if you ever feel like getting it up and running again.
There is a little inline filter on the pump that is worth checking.

Back