Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Sunny Suffolk. 80 Series 4.2 Manual

Bodie

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi from Sunny Suffolk,
Based in a true Land Rover county!!! and although the owner of a fully galvanised overland prepared 130 defender myself, (which will probably be sold now.!!). I have come back (yet again!) to the 80 Series and just purchased a mint 1997 Manual 4.2 80 Series, to hopefully create the perfect Overlander.!
(Also recently bought a 1993 Footloose prepared 4.2 overlander to remove camping equipment)
I visited the Adventure & Overland Show at the weekend, and would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris on the Land Cruiser Owners Club, for suggesting this forum and for kindly taking the time to share some of his 80 Series experience and expertise, particularly as it was through a sore head & ankle!!
With regards to Land Cruiser Owners Club - hoping to get involved, learn and share anything to do with Land Cruisers & Overlanding.
(Also interested in the Lincomb gathering and what the requirements are to attend.)
Many thanks.
John

FUTURE OVERLAND PROJECT
20141005_172853.jpg 20141005_172920.jpg
DONER VEHICLE (Possibly keep as Off Roader?)
Footloose 1.JPG Footloose 3.JPG
Defender 130 Overland (Future Uncertain.!!)
20140509_191354.jpg 20140509_191337.jpg

97 VX 80 Series (4.2TD Manual) - Currently unmolested 80k miles BUT planning an Overlander :thumbup:
VX 80 Series (4.2TD Autol) - Originally prepared by Footloose, will be removing camping gear/rear cargo hold etc for the 97 VX :icon-biggrin:
91 Defender 130 (2.5 200Tdi Manual) - Fully prepared galvanised overlander.
:icon-rolleyes:

Last edited:
Welcome John! Pics as soon as you can please :)

:text-+1: And :text-welcomewave: John!

Don't mind Chris, he just does things like that to get attention! :laughing-rolling:

80s rule (as you know), looking forward to seeing what becomes of your project and of course all the :text-coolphotos:you'll be posting!

John welcomb
The requirements for lincomb as the newest person you supply the beer for everyone coming.

Its a great weekend camping 4x4 fire and great people what more would you want.

Stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mines meant to be a water proof phone but if you have wet hands or try to use in the rain it goes mental.
Stu

John, it was lovely to meet you both. I'll thank you not to dwell on my injuries thank you. I am almost walking unaided now.

Well you are in the right place now that's for sure. Get to Lincomb or we'll terminate you membership. It's the law.

All you have to do it turn up. A Landcruiser guarantees entry. Quite a haul from Suffolk.

We typically have two gatherings per year. Spring and Autumn. It's set in a beautiful location by the Severn. However this time, our host TonyS is crossing the Simpson desert (selfish b'stard') has basically left the keys under a flower pot and said help yourselves. We usually have all sorts of team games and stuff in the woods and some mud bashing. Usually there is a punch challenge too but I rather think that this may be more of a meet and drink (get it meat and drink, no? Oh well) where we swap parts, sit round the fire, tell tall tales, show off kit and go in the woods and watch people do stupid things in Cruisers. You can go round the more simple sections without smashing your truck to bits. Mine will be firmly planted and not going up 'that' hill for sure. It's a great weekend with nice people and we'd love you to join us.

Chris

:text-+1: And :text-welcomewave: John!
80s rule (as you know), looking forward to seeing what becomes of your project and of course all the :text-coolphotos:you'll be posting!

Thanks Clive.
I'll drop in couple of current photos later.
Basics to be done first, before anything noticeable - wax oiling etc... hate the job.!!!

John, it was lovely to meet you both. I'll thank you not to dwell on my injuries thank you. I am almost walking unaided now.

Well you are in the right place now that's for sure. Get to Lincomb or we'll terminate you membership. It's the law.
You can go round the more simple sections without smashing your truck to bits.
All you have to do it turn up. A Landcruiser guarantees entry. Quite a haul from Suffolk.

Chris

Definitely intending to come, although son's 21st that weekend - Thankfully he's at Uni, so won't want family around for too long.!!!! So will probably have to work around his hangover!
When do people normally arrive and leave at Lincomb? - and your right, certainly won't be "smashing truck to bits".!!!! - JUST GOT IT.!
John

John welcomb
The requirements for lincomb as the newest person you supply the beer for everyone coming.

Its a great weekend camping 4x4 fire and great people what more would you want.

Stu

Stu,
Sounds good, looking forward to it.
Beer.?? NEVER a problem! - There is only 3 people that turn up isn't there.?!?!?
John

First to arrive usually Friday lunchtime and last to leave often early evening Sunday. As I say this one won't perhaps be quite to full on 50 Landcruiser attendance. But what more excuse do you need to get out there.

Welcome, looking forward to the pics.

Only been to lincomb the once (for a social only meet) and was a good time. Gutted to miss this one tbh, I was supposed to be out biking but swapped to this weekend and the boss said no! She wasn't happy about me being away 2 weekends in a row.

First to arrive usually Friday lunchtime and last to leave often early evening Sunday. As I say this one won't perhaps be quite to full on 50 Landcruiser attendance. But what more excuse do you need to get out there.

Very True.!!
Just looked at Grey Ghost - Impressive.!!!

Back