Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi Guys

Ian Benzon

hello everybody,

my name is ian and i come from zimbabwe. my car is a 1991 lj70 with just over 223300 miles on the clock.

my cruiser has no mods on at the mo... unless you count only having 3 wheel arches as a mod...
these photos were taken prior to me standing on the drivers foot board and pulling off the rear arch.

100_1230.jpg

100_1231.jpg

plans for the future? hmmm, rust killing first i think and then maybe a bit of lift and new rubber.

i was a member of the zimbabwe 4x4 club before i came to england. i have not done a lot of off road driving myself, but i did navigate for my dad in a number of competitions. my dad and brother are both off road nuts in zim. between them they have quite a collection of vehicles. amongst others there are a couple of nissan patrols, my dad has a uk export 4.2td 100 series and a 4.2td 70 series pickup (awesome) and my brother competes in a series one landy with a ford v6 in it.

er, that is about it i think... oh, if anyone has any advice on fixing seriously corroded wheel arches, i will be much obliged.

cheers,
ian

Hi Ian,
Great looking truck, well prior to the arch being dragged off I guess :lol: :lol:
I have a strange feeling, as a "Zimbo' " you might be feeling quite at home here.

Quite a few South Africans on here, be it known. And also some strange guy from Zim, keeps posting :lol:

I think the last interesting post was about the first traffic lights in Zim, may be that's right, ?

Sure you going to have a ball of a time here, with your 70, and I am sure there will be many more welcome posts, and invites to regional events.

Gra.

Ian, welcome to the forum! This is a good spot! Good to hear from a fellow zimbo!
Where in Zim do you come from? How long you been in the UK?

Here's a great thread on a 70's build: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11591&hilit=70+build
(Ben, hope you don't mind some advertising... :D )

I was born in none other but Avondale Hospital. :) Lived in Harare until I left 10 years ago. Used to do a stack of off-roading and overlanding with my dad. Often to very remote places including Tuli, Doma, Gonarezhou, etc.. Magical times!

Welcome along - at least 4 of us now. We'll nearly have enough to surround everybody else :lol:

Good luck with the resto project!

Gary Stockton said:
Welcome along - at least 4 of us now. We'll nearly have enough to surround everybody else :lol:

Graham said:
Hi Ian,

Quite a few South Africans on here, be it known. And also some strange guy from Zim, keeps posting :lol:

Gra.
What did I tell you :lol: :lol:

Gra.

Gary Stockton said:

I knew it, it's a bl**dy takeover

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

I like your 70! :clap:

If you need any help or advice, give me a shout. ;)

Thanks everyone,

@Leopard, I have been in England for the last five years, working my nuts off for 9 months every year to go on a 3 month holiday over christmas time back home. Now I have decided to try and moderate my life a bit and settle down some. So i bought myself a 'Cruiser and am going to try and get into 4x4ing over here. I was born in Mutare, but lived in Harare, Marlborough to be exact, most of the time.

@Ben, I have been browsing your build... Wow... You have done a lot, then i got to page 2... And then i saw there were more than 100 more :shock: :shock:

Anyways, thank you for the great welcome, I will be sure to pick your brains for help and expertise.

P.S. We are not here to take over... Yet... :twisted:

Back