Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi I'm new here and nice to know you guys

Tony Malden

Country Flag
china
Hi guys, I'm Tony in China.

I have a 2017 LC200 5.7 VXR currently clocked at some 15k miles.

It's such a clumsy beast I hardly drive in town, and only use it for expedition tours. So far have done some really remote places.

But the 5.7 version is fairly rare in China and I've found it a bit difficult to locate a Toyota garage for technical assistance. The 5.7 is not in Toyota's offcial import line into China, but a private import through independent dealers.

Glad to find this forum!

Hi guys, I'm Tony in China.

I have a 2017 LC200 5.7 VXR currently clocked at some 15k miles.

It's such a clumsy beast I hardly drive in town, and only use it for expedition tours. So far have done some really remote places.

But the 5.7 version is fairly rare in China and I've found it a bit difficult to locate a Toyota garage for technical assistance. The 5.7 is not in Toyota's offcial import line into China, but a private import through independent dealers.

Glad to find this forum!
Hi Tony,

Welcome,

I'm just doing what Wout said.

What province are you in?

Hi pal, here are some of the pics on the Tibetan Plateau and desert.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi and welcome good looking cruiser.
Hi Tony, I don't suppose Land Cruiser LC200 is still officially sold in the UK correct? I can understand the petrol version is not to be welcomed in the UK, but the D4D LC200 should be good?

Hi Tony, I don't suppose Land Cruiser LC200 is still officially sold in the UK correct? I can understand the petrol version is not to be welcomed in the UK, but the D4D LC200 should be good?
Correct,

The 200 hasn't been available in the UK since August 2015, Petrol or Diesel, Deisel in the UK has become the 'Devil Fuel' due to the 'Particulates' it produces, and sales of all Deisel cars have declined dramaticaly, also Diesel fuel is very expensive here.

Correct,

The 200 hasn't been available in the UK since August 2015, Petrol or Diesel, Deisel in the UK has become the 'Devil Fuel' due to the 'Particulates' it produces, and sales of all Deisel cars have declined dramaticaly, also Diesel fuel is very expensive here.

Petriol in China is about 2/3 of the UK price I think. So do you think everyone in the UK will have to go electrical? New emission standard has been imposed in China and makes the future of LC very bleak in China. None of the current LCs meet the new rule. We LC fans are having a hard time.

Petriol in China is about 2/3 of the UK price I think. So do you think everyone in the UK will have to go electrical? New emission standard has been imposed in China and makes the future of LC very bleak in China. None of the current LCs meet the new rule. We LC fans are having a hard time.
No new Petrol, Diesel or Hybrid cars will be sold after 2035 in the UK.

Back