Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi lift jack mount

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Was at the Indoor 4x4 show this weekend when I spotted this little item. Thinking as I walked around, I reckoned that my time was worth more than £25 and I'd buy one instead of copying it. I know, I know.

[attachment=0:1e6pljrd]P1000833.JPG[/attachment:1e6pljrd]

Simple idea, not especially well made. It's not actually even lined up quite straight. It slides in and out so that you can stop the jack rattling by locking it against the tyre.

Now what's the one thing you'd expect a Hi Lift mount to do? Yet, fit a Hi Lift Jack. Well it doesn't. I have had it every which way and it simply doesn't fit. Trust me when I say by the weekend, it WILL.

Chris

Attachments

• P1000833.JPG
    P1000833.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 506
Blimey, it doesn't fit :shock: ! Will you be asking the supplier exactly what the......does it fit?

I'm with you in that £25 is better spent buying it, rather than you spending your valuable time making it, but now that's starting to back fire seeing as you've got to break the tools out.

Someone needs a stern talking too.

Mailed them already Scott. it could be useful in getting a reduction in price on the other bits they're getting for me.

Chris

Scott said:
Blimey, it doesn't fit :shock: ! Will you be asking the supplier exactly what the......does it fit?

I'm with you in that £25 is better spent buying it, rather than you spending your valuable time making it, but now that's starting to back fire seeing as you've got to break the tools out.

Someone needs a stern talking too.

its not always about the money saved though, or time spent when making things yourself. :naughty:

theres a huge amount of satisfaction to be had from making things yourself, with your own 2 hands and head! :cool:

oh.........................and you can be sure its been made properly and fits and works as it should, which unfortunately for Chris this item doesnt. :doh:

Whoa there boys. It's not that bad. It doesn't fit, but it soon will and for the money, getting the basics done for me was good enough. Time is short at the moment and it was worth the outlay..

Chris

Back