Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi There

AboutAfrica

Country Flag
namibia
Hi Guys

New on this forum, so a quick intro.

I work in tourism so off-roading is pretty much part of my job, I also work quite a bit with various cruisers because of this. My personal vehicle is a 2002 105 4.5efi.

Current mods:
5" lift
35" muds
Custom bumpers front and rear
Roofrack
Solar panel
some national luna charging bits&bobs
Some exhaust work
All round lighting

Still quite a bit I want to do but takes time as I prefer to do things myself.
Previous vehicles I had were mitsubishi's (Pajero's and L200's) and rovers (a classic, a 130 and a disco2), and a hilux (1990 4Y) many moons ago, obviously all moded (I have a problem where I just cant seem to leave my vehicles standard)

Pretty sure I will pick up a lot of helpful tips and advice here.

2019-05-17 19.32.07.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Seems like you're already elbow deep in cruiser parts!

Hi AA and Welcome, sounds like you’re pretty familiar with 4x4s and have now settled on cruisers. You’ve come to the right place and sounds like you’ve got a very nice truck. Nice drawing (?) but I look forward to seeing some pics of your truck as it sounds great. A 5” lift will have needed a fair bit of work underneath so I guess you’ve already been pretty busy.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That lift...

Thanks, still have a few things to finish off. Extended brake lines and prop spacers. Then that part is sorted.

ff.jpg

Then will start on the rock sliders and fit custom under-body protection. Modding is always a never ending project...

What shocks / springs are you running ? Also, am somewhat surprised that you were able to get away without extended brake lines already. Do you have disc all around or disc in front, drum at the back?

What shocks / springs are you running ? Also, am somewhat surprised that you were able to get away without extended brake lines already. Do you have disc all around or disc in front, drum at the back?

Front old man emu 2850 coils plus spacers
Rear Iron Man toyo13c coils plus spacers
Terrafirma pro-sport long travel Shocks (might still go double shocks)

Brake line brackets are loose and re-routed the piping, is ok for everyday driving but if I go full flex or jump it pipes will pop.

Have discs all around. All a bit "frankenstein'ish" but none of my builds have ever been normal, I build them for what I need them to do. :grin:

Back