Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi

Hello, any ideas on the model? New or old, what are your plans etc.

Has to be an auto but maybe looking at about 2000 ish. 80 before or 100 at about then. Occasional towing but mainly everyday driver with family camping holidays thrown in.
Either a cheaper petrol or the 4.2 diesel, diesel prices cover a fair spread though!

I wonder if anyone could point me to an 80 and or 100 buying guide or is it just a case of searching each forum?
Similar with wether parts from 2000 and before can be hard to get for either? If I dinged a wing or something then presumably a scrappy might be the best plan, but apart from that are after market suppliers just a click away, is Toyota still providing decent cover but at a cost for instance?
I've read the I6 petrol might not be too ideal? That might have been on a US forum who probably thought the later V8 much better, rather than the I6 being actually bad?

Be prepared to travel for it , rust is the number one enemy and we all know Scotland isn't the driest of places .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There is a recent thread on here with someone asking the exact same question more or less.... Its all about budget to be fair.. How much have you got and how much are you prepared to pay... There are a few really good 80s around at the moment between 8 and ten grand... and a lot of the lower end.. 4 or 5 grand..Iv never owned a 100 Series so cant comment, But i be its as good as... Like Shayne says Rust is the one to look out for.. There are rust free examples but be prepared to Pay... Good luck with the Search.......

Thank you for the replies.
According to my weather station it doesn't really rain very much. That's usually because the rain is going sideways at a big rate of knots and none lands in the little cup :)
Thank you for the above link but a bit got chopped maybe. That should be a sticky! Searching for buying guide doesn't produce anything.
https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/so-what-does-a-decent-80-look-like-part-1.146503/
And if anybody wanted to point towards an 80 they know is nice feel free :)

Back