Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Higgys 80 restor/project

Managed to get a bit more done this morning... Dropped the fuel tank so i can give it the once over and get to re-new brake pipes that run down the chassis behind the tank... Surprised to find the Tank and bash plate are one unit.... Freed up lots more space to get in and make good and throw some paint about..

View attachment 154357 View attachment 154358 View attachment 154359
HIGGY. HIGGY! Have you seen the garden table anywhere?!
Err, no luv. ..

Shhhh! Its the only thing i could find that would fit under the ramp to sit the jack on..Its back in the garden now. She never even noticed..... :lol:
lol.
nicely done..:eusa-shhh:

DSCF9618.JPG
DSCF9619.JPG
DSCF9620.JPG
DSCF9625.JPG
DSCF9626.JPG
DSCF9627.JPG
DSCF9628.JPG
DSCF9621.JPG

Above are some recent photies.. Gave the tank a good clean out. (just a bit of sludge really) Tank filter remarkably clean.. Gonna prep the tank for a respray... Out of interest the bash plate was spot welded to the Tank ( Just 4 tacks) This isnt Toyota Spec is it.. The only thing i can think of if the tanks been off before and P.O did it for ease when putting back on.(maybe)..... Exhaust heat shields been sorted and prep for painting. I got some Heat/fire resistant paint from a local company, The red paint is just a primer. they gave me a top coat then a clear sealer all for Nowt.. And finally got load sensing valve off and freed up working again.. So i can have a play with me new brake pipe flaring Kit......I think now im at the stage where i can start putting it back together Slowly...:thumbup:

That’s looking really good under there Higgy, you’re making me feel quite inadequate.... :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's certainly a turning point when you start putting stuff back on rather than taking it off..:thumbup:

DSCF9641.JPG
DSCF9642.JPG
Fuel Tank all sorted and ready to go back on once the new brake pipes that sit behind the tank are done.... Thanks for the likes and the comments... Iv been having trouble with Microsoft/Hotmail.. And have not been able to access site for a week now, But good old Crispin sorted it.. I think...

Just a few more pics and an up date... Started by taking a headlight out and got a bit carried away...Nearly every bolt broke so ended up drilling out and re Tapping.. which took up most of my day... But its done now and looking a lot better....
DSCF9655.JPG
DSCF9656.JPG
DSCF9657.JPG
DSCF9658.JPG

Last edited:
Some pics of the air con pump.... Gave it a good clean up. and put power to the plug, It seems to work ok. engages and disengages from the pulley..It wont be going back on.. so il probably try and sell it. comes with the mounting bolts and the Bracket... I dont know how much it will be to Post.. But il find out..... Also above the chassis and underside finally Finished:thumbup:
DSCF9645.JPG
DSCF9646.JPG
DSCF9648.JPG

Got round to doing the job iv been avoiding.. sorting the issues on the back quarters.. Gone for a different profile (The easy one) ..Turned out ok in the end , A lot of messing about tho.... If your looking at this Grant W.. dont despair..:lol: Keep saying to your self 99% of it is hidden behind the corner bumper...That was my reasoning any ways.. :thumbup:

Fair play

I think you will have people queing up for your work
I will go overboard with fine surface filler etc before final painting.. But its good enough for now.

kI think a rear drain hole would be good.Also I sealed my rear lights as water was getting in.

Back