Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Higgys 80 restor/project

Twin pack paint comes in 2 packs. One is the paint and the other is the hardener. It cures quickly and gives a very hard product.

You can also get twin pack lacquer. Both the lacquer and hardener are clear and it gives an amazingly hard product. Drawback with both is you need a machine to polish if that is necessary to give a perfect finish. Also if you forget to drain and wash the gun out it goes of solid in the gun and you need a new one.

It's a bit like spraying mixed araldite!

Isocyanates in the hardener, if spraying an air fed mask is advisable.

Good news, When i got the 80 it came with a private plate. That bears no significant to me or my name, so got it valued to sell...... £1000, Not bad for nowt... Will help towards the engine build:thumbup:.. Never been a Fan of private No Plates

What is that?
I meant epoxy but I think they are similar.
as frank said it is a twin pack and gives a very durable finish. in can be applied to bare metal in the place of a etch primer giving better results.
another advantage is its not porous like primer paints. so you can do your refurb in sections and come back to it when you want. safe in the knowledge rust wont start coming through.

Got round to doing the job iv been avoiding.. sorting the issues on the back quarters.. Gone for a different profile (The easy one) ..Turned out ok in the end , A lot of messing about tho.... If your looking at this Grant W.. dont despair..:lol: Keep saying to your self 99% of it is hidden behind the corner bumper...That was my reasoning any ways.. :thumbup:

I'm leaving mine to the professional in Romania ... I really should have tackled them years ago though :icon-redface:

I'm leaving mine to the professional in Romania ... I really should have tackled them years ago though :icon-redface:
At times i wished id left mine to the professionals... Its a ball ache !:lol: Im sure Clives Guys will sort it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got fed up with spanners and welding so i thought id start chucking some Paint about...
DSCF9692.JPG
DSCF9693.JPG
DSCF9694.JPG
DSCF9695.JPG

Its a Hempal primer /UC sets as hard as concrete, And flattens back nice with some wet n Dry..Im gonna do it 2/3 times. Then decide what to do, either respray or wrap, I guess there are pros and cons for Both..

Quick question... Retrieved the bits inside the axle..(slider fork and the dog gear) im not refitting the diff lock.. so these can go in the Bin 'Yeh!'?..obviously not the fork but the dog gear thing has no other function other than to lock diff.. ie It doesnt need to go back on the shaft.. ??????
DSCF9715.JPG

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm.. Diff pinion seal i ordered from milners the tin work around the seal is 75mm Dia where the one on it is 90mm . ... Thought they might have sent a front by mistake but thats 90mm also ( I think)..

DSCF9712.JPG

Last edited:
Jobs looking good Higgy! I've been doing the rear pinion seal recently. If the seal is raised then it's a front one and if the seal is flush then it's for the rear. The flush seals seam a bit easier to change!

Keep up the good work mate!:thumbup:

Jobs looking good Higgy! I've been doing the rear pinion seal recently. If the seal is raised then it's a front one and if the seal is flush then it's for the rear. The flush seals seam a bit easier to change!

Keep up the good work mate!:thumbup:
Thanks Mate.. Just not sure about the seal they sent me .. why its only 75mm in Dia.. when the old ones 90 ... Cant get hold of Milners Today

Could be they sent you the right seal. Just made it the wrong size lol.
I looked up milner and Rough Trax and both state O/D is 75mm so lord knows why the one i took off is 90mm.... Sod it il just force it on and make it fit...

You beat me to the pics...

The forks only job is to slide the dog gear over.
Leave them both out and make a plate where the diff lock actuator once was I should imagine.

The oem/aftermarket thing aside. Personally I would go with genuine seals higgy.

You beat me to the pics...

The forks only job is to slide the dog gear over.
Leave them both out and make a plate where the diff lock actuator once was I should imagine.

The oem/aftermarket thing aside. Personally I would go with genuine seals higgy.
Thanks Mike.. Plates all made up and its now back together... I realised my mistake regarding the seal.. The original seal was all messed up and came apart with the larger plate (90mm) and the original pinion seal was in place minus the rubber seal(75mm).. Hard to explain if you know what i mean... any way its all back together and waiting for someone to give me a hand to carry it to the Truck.... Cheers Chap

The slider and the dog gear in 5th pic up .. if anyone needs em let me know and il post on..... Il only end up making a Black Widow style Catapult out of 'em'...:thumbup:

Another job sorted.... All that Handbrake stuff , Jeeez! what a pain.... Anti roll bars on and new brake pipes to and from load sensing valve..... Had a stroke of luck a while ago i bought new hand brake shoes for the Colorado but never fitted them , So i dug 'em' out and Hey presto The same as the 80 ... Bonus.. Some new rear Calipers £55 for the pair... Bargain... You can smell the Quality when i opened the Box.:thumbup:
DSCF9724.JPG
DSCF9725.JPG
DSCF9727.JPG

Back