Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Higgys 80 restor/project

Did you extend the dogbone before building up the handbrake shoes? I added 3mm to hold them further out now the handbrake works a treat!

Did you extend the dogbone before building up the handbrake shoes? I added 3mm to hold them further out now the handbrake works a treat!
No, left them as was.. There is a thread on here i think, someone doing it on a 100 series... Bob i think. Its not a bad idea..

Did this today. New brake pipes fitted, Calipers Discs etc... I think the back ends Done.... Now to start stripping the front axle..
DSCF9728.JPG
DSCF9729.JPG
DSCF9730.JPG
DSCF9731.JPG
DSCF9732.JPG

you'll be bored when you finish this, if you need another one to keep you going i won't charge you much to do the work

you'll be bored when you finish this, if you need another one to keep you going i won't charge you much to do the work
How much will you charge me? Will it be by the Hour Or Can i pay you a Day Rate...Oh and dont forget to charge me for collection with the Trailer...:lol:.... Will it be mates rates

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
no need for collection, ill take my bbq and do mates rates on the burgers for you

depends how good a job you do, better the job = cheaper burgers. Its good to have an incentive :)
of course the longer you take the colder the burgers get...

Started on the front axle.. I think im gonna totally remove like the rear... just for ease of cleaning things up/painting etc... Swivel bearings not brilliant, so im gonna replace bearings and seals etc..Full works.. got every thing stripped and painted up... just wait for the new kit now..
DSCF9739.JPG
DSCF9740.JPG
DSCF9741.JPG
DSCF9742.JPG
DSCF9743.JPG

Last edited:
Great work - it will look awesome once you've completed (not to mention how much satisfaction you'll get from a job well done!). :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great work - it will look awesome once you've completed (not to mention how much satisfaction you'll get from a job well done!). :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thank you.:thumbup: I was looking back at the first posts and the state it was in.. And got me thinking How bad have they got to be to end up at Mr Rigbys At Wisbech.. Hes breaking a fair few at the moment... I guess it keeps others on the road.. They look far better than mine when i first got it..

Just a quick update, Front axle back on
DSCF9772.JPG
DSCF9773.JPG
DSCF9774.JPG
DSCF9775.JPG
DSCF9776.JPG
DSCF9777.JPG
n, All new bearings, seals, Full works really, New discs, calipers pads, brake hoses, and pipes, Complete Knuckle rebuild, Steering bearings,and seals.. Matches the Rear axle now, prop shaft and exhaust on, Just waiting for my wheels from Mr Chapel Gate.. Thanks for your help Mike.. Rustoleum... Good Gear!

Looking good there Higgy lad.
Can't be far off now..

No news really, Picked Me Wheels and front Bumper up from the Paint shop, I like the colour, Dont know what it is... Just gun metal grey, Its a two pack with two pack Lacquer.. Marine Paint for Stern drives, 'Tough Stuff'... Engine is all stripped and ready for coming out.... Need to make me mind up about tyres/ Then Im rolling..:thumbup:
DSCF9788.JPG
DSCF9789.JPG
DSCF9791.JPG

Someone threw out an old Towbar unit, And i thought mm! 'Iv got a use for that'... So i cut it up and reconfigured it a bit.. Welded it into the chassis at the Front. and 'Hey Presto' A front Tow get you out the Shit thing... And with some lucky Calculations fits snuggly under the front Bumper:thumbup:
DSCF9825.JPG
DSCF9827.JPG
DSCF9830.JPG
DSCF9832.JPG

Last edited:
Well its been a while, But a quick thread resurrection, Got the wheels back on and after nearly a Year the Old 12 valve Finally touched the Ground... And with a gentle tug, Shes Down... Then set too Tearing the engine out.. Progress
DSCF9898.JPG
DSCF9894.JPG
DSCF9895.JPG
DSCF9897.JPG

Last edited:
Back