Higgys 80 restor/project

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
Thought id have a go at Making some corner Bumpers, The plastic ones on the 12v were Knackered... Got an old head board off one of me Trailers, And set to...
DSCF9969.JPG
DSCF9972.JPG
DSCF9975.JPG
DSCF9976.JPG
Each piece was cut and welded....Pain in the arse job to be fair. But Pleased with it.. The one on the other side will be more of a challenge cutting round the wheel Carrier. Made up brackets so as to use the existing mounts, Painted the inside with chassis Black but il find a good two pack maybe for the top and spray them once they are fitted.. Crack on :thumbup:

Last edited:

iwan_t24

I am in wales
Mar 28, 2011
Mid Wales
Nice job mate! I'm a big fan of these.. my original corner's are hanging in there in good condition. But will follow suit in the future!:thumbup:

Reactions: Higgy

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
This thread should be called "How to save an 80" :clap:

Wishing now i'd bought steel to make bumpers 2 months ago because your bumper corners prompt some rueful hindsight ,

Reactions: Higgy

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
Thanks for the reply's.. This was going to be a tenplate , for a pair to be made out of Thicker steel, But was impressed with how Rigid it is, I thought sod it il keep this one..... Its just 2.5mm Galvo from a trailer head board... I did brace it with stainless bar on the inside... I think it will withstand a decent Knock...

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks