Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

high high mileage

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Hello all, iv been looking at a 100series 03 plate 1yrs mot manual coil/spring suspension bit tatty but a work horse is wot im after..BUT its got over 360,000 on the clock. 28 stamps in the book bla! bla!.. my present lc 95 has 275,000 on the clock... do you think im taking a step backwards or should I look elsewhere... Honest opinions would be great..never owned a 100 series..should I walk away because of the mileage.. cheers Oh and hes asking over £6,800 for it

Last edited:
More important than miles is rust.
If maintained, the engine will run another 360 k, but expect to change bearings and such. Also the auto boxes run long miles, probably longer than manuals without service, but more expensive to fix when that day comes around.
So, look for rust and damages. Most other issues can be sorted.

More important than miles is rust.
If maintained, the engine will run another 360 k, but expect to change bearings and such. Also the auto boxes run long miles, probably longer than manuals without service, but more expensive to fix when that day comes around.
So, look for rust and damages. Most other issues can be sorted.
Thanks for the reply.. I checked MOT history and there were some rust issues. owner/dealer says all rust issues have been addressed for the new MOT. but he only mentioned sills and lots of wax oil..seems a bit pricey im working on him.. (it is a manual) which I prefer for trailer work ... Im thinking

Just take note the higher the mileage the more wear and tear even for the mighty Landcruiser. It may run well but not at its optimum best for sure. I just rebuilt my fuel pump having around the same milage if not more on it.

Also rust for the UK is important. Last but not least taking someone with you who owns one and knows their stuff is vital to getting to shift though the many obstacles one may face not ever owned one.

I learnt the hard way with my 80!!

The thing is, 360k in 14 yrs is a ton of milage. If that is well spread out, you know the trucks been looked after or it would have fallen apart by now.

The springs were never sold on the 100 here int ge UK, so you want to know what the 'evolution' of this truck is. Stamps in the book are ok, but you want to see the invoices with details on what was done and when etc. Also call tge garage in the book to cross check (at least a few ).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
7k will likely get you a fair condition 120. Is that not acceptable?

7k will likely get you a fair condition 120. Is that not acceptable?
Yeh for sure. iv been looking at a few 120s. nice trucks.. I don't have a lot of time to view to be honest. so im relying on sellers honesty before I hit the buy it now key...there's never any thing for sale in bloody East Kent..

Will keep my eyes open.
Cheers for that GOK.. now ive seen an 80 series oop in Bolton.. hes prepared to drive it to wandsworth if I pay the asking price... I think youv seen it before.. its on a link I put in the 80s forum.. looks ok MOT history doesn't show anything drastic.. is wandsworth in the LEZ area ??

Cheers for that GOK.. now ive seen an 80 series oop in Bolton.. hes prepared to drive it to wandsworth if I pay the asking price... I think youv seen it before.. its on a link I put in the 80s forum.. looks ok MOT history doesn't show anything drastic.. is wandsworth in the LEZ area ??
Looks like that one could be reasonable if it checks out underneath.
The LEZ applies to commercials only IIRC. Hi lux would be covered but not a private car like the 80.

SY number plate means it's from Aberdeenshire. I think it will be rotten underneath. Rear arches leading down to the sill has been touched up and that's just the exterior of that car. In below will be another story. They have weak suspension mounting points on the back axle as it is, they don't last if any rust gets in.

I wouldn’t touch that car for 3k never mind 6k

Run don’t walk away
Yeh your right... the mot history on fails and advisory is shocking ... ive noticed £7000 doesn't get you much. there are some decent d4d colorados with decent miles on ebay maybe I should stick with what iv got but just go a bit newer. and lower miles..but I do like the 80 and 100 series its just finding one.. many thanks for all your help... im gonna keep watching that silver 80 oop in Bolton

I can't see it anywhere on ebay ?

Back