Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ 60. 1984.

Abdul Raqeeb

Country Flag
india
Hello,
New guy here .I need help in sourcing these parts for my engine. It's a hj60 1984. HJ60RG-K ,2H.since I do not know the technical term of what it is, I have attached a picture with the required part circled. 1 Is basically the power steering oil "tank" and the other functions as a Engine Stop Motor. Basically power steering oil is leaking and the engine doesn't turn off with the key. Apart from these 2 minor problems, the car runs like a charm. Smooth as butter. Land cruiser experts please help.
Thanks
20190924_135234.jpg

Hello,
New guy here .I need help in sourcing these parts for my engine. It's a hj60 1984. HJ60RG-K ,2H.since I do not know the technical term of what it is, I have attached a picture with the required part circled. 1 Is basically the power steering oil "tank" and the other functions as a Engine Stop Motor. Basically power steering oil is leaking and the engine doesn't turn off with the key. Apart from these 2 minor problems, the car runs like a charm. Smooth as butter. Land cruiser experts please help.
Thanks View attachment 159720
It could be the relay for the edic (the metal bar that switches off the engine) so check that first, it’s located behind the kick plate on the drivers side. Some people do replace it with a pull handle which is how trucks of old did it.
The other part is the power steering reservoir. It looks in better shape than mine so maybe it’s just a poor seal that needs replacing?

There’s a guy on eBay breaks 60s who can probably get the bits for you at sensible price.
Go to eBay.co.uk and look under classic cars - Toyota and you should find him there.

It could be the relay for the edic (the metal bar that switches off the engine) so check that first, it’s located behind the kick plate on the drivers side. Some people do replace it with a pull handle which is how trucks of old did it.
The other part is the power steering reservoir. It looks in better shape than mine so maybe it’s just a poor seal that needs replacing?

There’s a guy on eBay breaks 60s who can probably get the bits for you at sensible price.
Go to eBay.co.uk and look under classic cars - Toyota and you should find him there.
Thanks man .yes I am replacing the seals and trying the reservoir again as there dont seem to be any leak from the tubes.as for the edic issue ,it sorted itself out once when I cleaned and put it back in place but came back again after a day or 2.ill check what u have said and also go through the electrical stuff .clean the whole thing up and see where it's at. Anyway thanks for the input .will check the Ebay guy .
Cheers

Is that the correct cap ?
If u mean the cap on the reservoir, i have no idea as most of the work on the car has been on the spot solutions, and quick fixs. Only replacing parts as the last option. The edic stuff on the spectre off road website is costly. Moggy if u could name the ebay.uk guy id appreciate it. Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi and welcome I have the edic it's £ 85 + shipping if it helps .

Back