Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ47 intermittent wiper not working

tarenja

Hi guys.
I've got a HJ47 troopie that I'm working on.
The wiper switch has 3 positions; the first does nothing, the other 2 are slow & fast.
I assume that the first position is intermittent, am I correct?
I assume if must have a "hickey" somewhere that controls the intermittent switching.
Given the motor works I figure this'd be a good place to start.
Can anyone tell me what it looks like and where it might be hidden behind the dash.
In case it's not the "hickey" can anyone advise me of other known problem points?
Thanks in anticipation guys.

Hi tarenja the wiper switch has 3 position pull 1 for wiper and pull 2 for fast and twit for the washer and the wiper motor is on the front window frame in a box at the bottom hope it helps I have a fj40 and a fj45 pick up with hj60 running gear in them and love the 40's let's have pics of the cruiser good look with it from Tony

Hi,

The wiper switch on my 40 has three positions - from fully out back to the dash - it is fast, slow and off.
The intermittent wiper on mine is - pull the switch and push it back in = one sweep. Mine don't self park either but then it is an old truck.

Hope that helps

Rodger

Thanks guys.
Mine has a definate 4 positions (fully out = fast, 1 step in = slow, next step in = nothing (I'm assuming intermittent), next step in = off).
I didn't realise twist was wash; thanks for that.

I'm from Victoria in Oz.
I've got a HJ47 tray(flat bed), a FJ45 tray without an engine for bits and a HJ47 troopie.
There's a bit of a story why.
The HJ47 tray is in a million bits, the troopie is very original and a goer but needs a ton of rust and things like the wipers etc fixed.

Hi
my hj47 troopie (81) that's in the uk but from oz has the same as yours, intermittent, slow, fast and twist for wash..
stan

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would be looking at the stalk itself 4 different positions equals 4 different switches and intermittent is probably the most used on any car . Please note i don't know anything about 40's so you might want to wait for a more experienced member to answer before you start taking things apart .

Back