Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ60 low oil pressure

View attachment 164942
I'm thinking it's the hex bolt on the oil cooler housing, right of the mounting block next to the top right hand bolt holding the filter housing. I want to be sure as I have made the mistake of undoing the wrong bolt on somthing long ago a wrecker toyota repair guy or an early HJ60 (Diesel) owner might know servicing these is uncommon as most find out to late and this is well over due.

If this is it do I take out the small bolt or the large one as the large one might house the valve but I doubt it.

Do you see what I see oil filter leaking this suggest the valve needs attention asap. Unless it's the oil I wiped around the rubber seal.
How abot this pic (below)? another question, is that oil filter a genuine Toyota filter P.N 15601-68010, if not that could be the cause of the slight oil leak.

Also check this out on ih8mud.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 07.43.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 07.43.48.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is it thank you very much I just purchased a new valve so just need to wait for the postman now it's comming a long way. Comming from New Hampshire. USA where did you find that image of it Jibberjabber? I'm very happy even though it cost a small fortune.

Yes that is it thank you very much I just purchased a new valve so just need to wait for the postman now it's comming a long way. Comming from New Hampshire. USA where did you find that image of it Jibberjabber? I'm very happy even though it cost a small fortune.

Over here the oil filter is a Z161 or wz161 I think that oil stain is from the oil I wiped the rubber with if it was leaking the oil would be clean as its only done one or two trips to town since I changed the oil. It also got a new oil pump mains big ends etc and its only done 40,000k or 25,000miles since the engine was fully rebuilt in the car. New dry sleeves and pistons cam original crankshaft std bearings and runs quiet for a diesel. I really appreciate your help thank you again.

This picture is a secret spot 30kilometer beach or longer and you can have it too yourself.

Attachments

• IMGP1111.jpg
    IMGP1111.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 73
Over here the oil filter is a Z161 or wz161 I think that oil stain is from the oil I wiped the rubber with if it was leaking the oil would be clean as its only done one or two trips to town since I changed the oil. It also got a new oil pump mains big ends etc and its only done 40,000k or 25,000miles since the engine was fully rebuilt in the car. New dry sleeves and pistons cam original crankshaft std bearings and runs quiet for a diesel. I really appreciate your help thank you again.

This picture is a secret spot 30kilometer beach or longer and you can have it too yourself.
Very nice. :thumbup:

The Land Cruiser's not bad either.

I know the spot, been there many a time, in my dreams.

That photo was taken in 2006 a while back now. can't wait until this coronavirus is gone and we can travel again.

The new Heads they were making them on the Gold Coast QLD Au.

Attachments

• IMGP0878.jpg
    IMGP0878.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 54
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That photo was taken in 2006 a while back now. can't wait until this coronavirus is gone and we can travel again.

The new Heads they were making them on the Gold Coast QLD Au.

How abot this pic (below)? another question, is that oil filter a genuine Toyota filter P.N 15601-68010, if not that could be the cause of the slight oil leak.

Also check this out on ih8mud.

[/URL]

1977-1984 HJ60 pressure relief valve and oil filter housing.
Oil Pressure Valve [15602-68010] - $52.85 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Hello I'm back and I have excellant oil pressure in my Landy now I had the wrong model dash meaning wrong wiring to the oil pressure gauge or the oil pressure gauge didn't work. I also had another issue the oil pressure switch advertised for landcruisers did NOT WORK leaving me to think I had issues mechanicly elsewhere. The new oil pressure relief valve I got works better than the old one as it has more tension on the spring so I have really good pressure now. I will post a photo of the oil pressure switch that did not work at all in my 1982 HJ60.

Attachments

• Dodgey oil pressure switch landcruiser.jpg
    Dodgey oil pressure switch landcruiser.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 62
Hello I'm back and I have excellant oil pressure in my Landy now I had the wrong model dash meaning wrong wiring to the oil pressure gauge or the oil pressure gauge didn't work. I also had another issue the oil pressure switch advertised for landcruisers did NOT WORK leaving me to think I had issues mechanicly elsewhere. The new oil pressure relief valve I got works better than the old one as it has more tension on the spring so I have really good pressure now. I will post a photo of the oil pressure switch that did not work at all in my 1982 HJ60.

Below is the new pressure relief valve well worth the expense as I had low pressure before the gauge stopped working. I did not think I was going to get it working as the wiring digram is more complicated than what is in the HJ60 itself, it's different. Possibly because it goes through the engine control unit and mine is different to later models.

Attachments

• Oil Pressure relief valve 1982.jpg
    Oil Pressure relief valve 1982.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 63
So the dash had been in for 8 years and when I got the planatory chamber rebuilt I put in a new ECU (Engine Control Unit) and there must be somthing different in the type of engine control unit I got as the previous one was s/h out of any model HJ60 where as this one was ordered special for my model car. So I think the ecu is where the issues started but I can't be sure about it. I did however change what looked like a blown globe behind the gauges also.

One other thing that seems to have corrected itself is my cruiser is starting first key now and isn't shutting down immediately after starting. I used to have to turn the ignition on twice before I could start the car.

Also thank you Jibber Jabber for those drawings as I needed them to find a relief valve.

Back