Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hj75 pick up

ozcruiser

Country Flag
australia
iphonr6 001.JPG

My 1985 hj75 half done

iphonr6 001.JPG

Rosco its not finished mate still needs the style side tub fitted and those plastic hinge covers. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi and welcome I have that tub on my fj45 thanks for the pics from Tony.

Looks great! :clap:

Where did you source the tub from? :think:

Thanks Ben
I found it on gumtree at Brisbane airport the story go's America brought two hdj79 from Dubai and had them air lifted to Brisbane airport. They where stripped of the style side tubs and had special purpose trays built before being air lifted to Africa for the Ebola epidemic.

Thought there might be a story attached! :thumbup:

My boss sourced his from South Africa. :icon-biggrin:

Such a shame Toyota wont sell the genuine style sided tubs here. :thumbdown:

There so strong and look fantastic, so much better than the flimsy alluminium ones they offer. :icon-rolleyes:

Ben
I'm sure Toyota would love to sell the tubs downunder but our folk love the extra length and width of there trays. I'm running my style side tub for transporting my motorcycles as the floor is 6 inches lower then the most trays in OZ plus the sides are high and lean so less body damage in the rough. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Some more progress but going forward now.

Attachments

• hj75 012.JPG
    hj75 012.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,159
Looks awesome!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint works done for now so back to the mechanical pieces and flick that bull bar. :icon-biggrin:
home 008.JPG

more pics

Attachments

• hj75 pics 001.JPG
    hj75 pics 001.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,175
Love it! :clap:

I really want a tub like that when I get my 79! :icon-biggrin:

Ben
I hope your not going to sell the shorty to buy a hdj79.
I came close to buying one but decided against it after reading up on some off the problems when put to hard use. I decided to restore a clean early model for the dependability and the toughness these old cruisers had built into them. There slow and ride like a buck board but I know in 30 years the old girl will still be chugging down the road probably running on cooking oil when all the modern soft type 4WD's will have been recycled into beer cans. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Ben
I hope your not going to sell the shorty to buy a hdj79.
I came close to buying one but decided against it after reading up on some off the problems when put to hard use. I decided to restore a clean early model for the dependability and the toughness these old cruisers had built into them. There slow and ride like a buck board but I know in 30 years the old girl will still be chugging down the road probably running on cooking oil when all the modern soft type 4WD's will have been recycled into beer cans. :thumbup:

No I wont ever sell my shorty, but a ute would be really practical when I start renovating properties.

What problems did you come across?

I really like my bosses 79. When ever he does a hard trip he takes the 79 and keeps the 80 which isnt quite as tough, as a touring only vehicle. :icon-biggrin:

Back