Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hj75 pick up

The turbo cruiser are fine but I'm not keen on the hilux type 8 inch diffs that come on line from 1990. The 1hz came with a weaker type gearbox that had problems when worked hard pulling heavy loads

I have got some 2015 pickup bodies here, but I guess the freight will kill it, Entebbe- Melbourne airfreight....

I just spent the day fitting the tub with new T bolts and high tensile corner bolts packing all the other mounts believe me its a big job getting it right.

body mounts 001.JPG

Look what fallowed me home.

Attachments

• 12ht sahara 5.jpg
    12ht sahara 5.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 517
I found the 12ht number 5 cylinder was low on compression and stripped the engine to see why and found this.piston 5 008.JPGpiston 5 009.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Brought a new std rebuild kit and going to hone the cylinders wth new alfin pistons.engine kit 001.JPGengine kit 002.JPG12ht bearing etc 001.JPGlisle reamer SR9 002.JPGflex hone 001.JPG

New clutch and getting ready to rebuild with all std parts.
safari clutch 001.JPG12ht strip down 004.JPGpiston squirter 001.JPG

I will pull all the valves hopefully this weekend and check out the seats but happy as number six looks great with little ware in the seats.

engine 011.JPG12ht head 004.JPGhead 001.JPG

I had the valves and seats cut and head was decked because off a slight warp.
I also brought the 18 brass welsh plugs needed for the head.

12ht head 003.JPG12ht head 004.JPG12ht head 002.JPG12ht head 005.JPG

Cheers Ben another day or two and should be able to start the engine swap.

Cheers Ben another day or two and should be able to start the engine swap.

12ht 001.JPG

Not much more to do to the engine except pull the old 2h and slip this baby in. Happy days
12ht turbo mounted 001.JPG

Back