Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hj75 pick up

sorry double post
:thumbup::thumbup: 2h coming out 004.JPG

Last edited:
:thumbup:

So is the new one in and running yet? :shifty:

Ben
Not yet mate going to paint the fire wall today weather pending and put the engine in tomorrow. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not much left to do now done two days work fitting most components back together. I also plumbed the return fuel line back to the tank that took the best part of 4 hours but it's done right no short cuts. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 12ht 002.JPG
    12ht 002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 393
  • 12ht 002.JPG
    12ht 002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
:dance: :clap:

Great work! :thumbup:

Have you driven it yet?

12HT is such a great engine! Definitely one of Toyota's finest! :icon-cool:

I took it around the block once and decided on a turbo diesel implant. I had the choice of any Toyota engine and decided on the mighty 12ht. :)

red turbo 001.JPG
She's finally buttoned up still trying to get my head around the VSV but the engine sounds tight. Happy day :)

Last edited:
The goods news is the truck passed the blue slip and I now have registration on the old girl. :)
I put a couple days into the interior with doing the whole inside except both floor pans in noise deadening foil then covered with a sound and heat mat 12mm thick and topped it off with carpet. I cut the front section in four pieces so if I flood the car I can remove each floor pan to dry by just pulling the kick panel and lifting carpet. I also fitted two heavy duty vinyl 3d mats to collect the crap I may walk in.

rego 001.JPG
under lay and carpet 008.JPG
underlay ans carpet 003.JPG
under lay and carpet 005.JPG

Last edited:
Great work! :clap:

Definitely my favorite 75! :thumbup:

Cheers Ben
I have a shed full of toys to fit to the cruiser but I wanted to build it stock first for my 12ht install with the lightest weigh bridge ticket (2060 ton).
The sound deading was around 30 kg with out the carpet and 3d mats :)

I spent a day getting the leaf spring working and then fitted new shackles both ends. I will need to add new springs to my shopping list.
Shackels 001.JPG
Shackels 002.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
I only had the two fast speeds on the heater/air con fan so I decided to check the resister and the center coil was broken from heat and age. I had a 60 series on hand so decided to rebuild the hj75 resister with the larger 60 coils all four speeds are now working.

resistor 001.JPG

I had some bump steer happening so decided on a new heavy duty dampener to keep her in a straight line.
image.jpeg

Hi Ozcruiser,
Xlnt looking vehicle!
I am looking at getting a styleside pickup bed and load a slide-in camper but I don't have some dimensions to verify it can be done.
Would it be possible to do me a great favour and measure the distance between the wheel wells at the floor level inside the bed.
If the dimensions are OK, the slide-in might just squeak in.
Alternatively would it be possible to cut the wheel wells and move the inside edge out a bit or weld in a replacement sheet panel to effectively widen them thus enlarging the spacing for the camper?
Thanks in anticipation.
Gundarovers in Canberra

3 foot 5 inches between wheel wheels.

Last edited:
Back