Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Horrible day today

Nice video Chas, I bought 2 of these based on the earlier comments in this thread. I take Chris's point on the active iris, but for £32 quid (ish) and the cost of the micro SD card which I'm waiting to arrive, I think the quality is very very good for the price. Your video has confirmed that I should be able to provide enough evidence in the case of something unfortunate happening. I might put a different CD on though :lol::lol::lol:

Nice video Chas, . I might put a different CD on though :lol::lol::lol:
CD? that's ancient technology :icon-rolleyes:, that was an Australian folk song (And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda) on my iPod, but I've turned the audio recording off now as the audio is not as good as the video.

Touché Chas, I'll go and hide my C120's (on Chrome mind you) :oops::oops:

That's not bad quality at all. Where is that one from?

From page 3....

Hi all,

This exact discussion has cropped up on our 4x4response forum.

It transpires that the cameras available now are a cheap copy of the one that I purchased last year, and are to be avoided.

This explains my experience being different to others.

A couple of the guys have recomended this as an alternative

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...ep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Comes to something when the chinese are ripping the chinese off!

Chas - How have you got this wired up? Can you get this to come on automatically?

From page 3....

Chas - How have you got this wired up? Can you get this to come on automatically?

At the moment it's plugged into the ciggy lighter. They are made to start recording when the ignition is on, so if I'm working in my garage listing to the radio the camera is recording unless I pull the plug.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think I'll order one of those. Might get one for the wife's car too tbh. Too many close calls recently!

I can confirm that it works just as well as night too! Will try and get some clips up but very pressed for time currently.

looks like some people had issues setting it up, how did you get on, any problems?
looks like a pretty good system for the price.

No, I didn't have any problems apart from it taking me a bit of time to get used to how the menu worked, I just put that down to my slow brain. :icon-rolleyes:

No, I didn't have any problems apart from it taking me a bit of time to get used to how the menu worked, I just put that down to my slow brain. :icon-rolleyes:

I definitely hope it's not your slow brain Chas ... I had some troubles too and I'm a software engineer.

The only problem I've had to date is the last couple of times when I've plugged it into a pc or mac it didn't mount as a mass storage device as it did the first time I plugged it in. It just powers up and starts recording as if it was mounted in the car.

Very happy with it so far ... considering getting another one to mount in the rear window.

Last edited:
I don't plug the camera to the PC, I take out the micro SD card and put it in a normal SD adapter and into the card reader slot on my PC. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how do you turn the screen display off while it is recording?

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how do you turn the screen display off while it is recording?

So far I'm not sure that is possible :(

Will let you know if I manage to figure that out.

Will let you know if I manage to figure that out.

Cheers Grant, I have the camera mounted just below the rear view mirror and find it a bit confusing when I want to look behind and see a forward view as well. :confusion-confused:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/great-escape-car-smashes-lorry-121900903.html?vp=1 I seen this happen and though i can't be sure i think the same car almost wiped me out only seconds before . I was in the centre lane about to overtake , mirror signal , maneuver and thankfully mirror again . A silver hatchback must have come from the inside lane at very high speed , i could only see lorry's behind me a second before . I swung back in missing the lorry in front by inches and the hatchback slammed on the brakes . I was doing 70 and he passed me like i was stood still . About a mile down the road i came across what you see in the vid . Must have been about 2 weeks ago .

Cheers Grant, I have the camera mounted just below the rear view mirror and find it a bit confusing when I want to look behind and see a forward view as well. :confusion-confused:

I mounted it to the left of the mirror ... It has been annoying SWMBO but I've been fine :dance:

I mounted it to the left of the mirror ... It has been annoying SWMBO but I've been fine :dance:

:thumbup: I'll try repositioning it and see if that's better.

Good control from the lorry driver. Kept it sat on the nose and slowed down gradually, pulling it across to the hard shoulder with him - far better than slamming on the brakes and letting it flip into the traffic behind him.

Back