Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How much is it worth?

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all I contemplating selling my 95 series but unsure about the price, I'm a bit gutted but I'm currently commuting 80 mile round trip a day, which will continue for the foreseeabLE future and its getting annoying feeding it all the time now haha.

its a vx 2000 plate, 138k miles, 6 months mot, solid green all over with cream leather, snorkel and all diff breathers have been raised, only lightly used off road. Its not complete history as the previous owner was self employed and kept the invoices but had work carried out with toyota as I have a few bits. But I serviced it every 5k, changed all oils 10kish ago, replaced front lower ball joints, inner and out tie rods, front drop links, steering rack bushes, b&m super cooler, could be reverted to stock or plumed in series if you want to do towing, new front discs and front and rear pads last November. It's clean underneath and all dry. It drives really well. Diff lock works. Interior is in good condition no rips or wear on seats or bolsters.

bad points -
paintwork is pretty good for age except a few light scratches on the front corners by previous owner.

aircon rad has a hole in the front,
needs a new driver side rear chassis mount.

my wife would rather I keep it incase we get bad winter but After spending two years drivibg the distance the fuel costs are annoying me now! What do you think?

Last edited:
Not sure on the price but I have an 80 and had the same dilemma recently.

I ended up keeping the 80 (too much fun and too much time with me to sell) and bought a 2003 TDi VW Golf as a daily runner. Needed some work to get it right so fixed it up with new lower control arms ball joints (£35 a side) etc, new disks and pads (about £75 for that lot - parts are sooooo cheap and readily available) , bushes, new interior (seats were too soft got a nice grey gti recaro type interior for £50 and got £15 for mine took me about 30 mins to change it in and out), ABS pump was stuffed - got one from a breakers for £16 delivered and fitted it in a morning. remapped (20 mins did it myself), and have a single mass flywheel and vr6 cluth yet to fit (£120 in parts off a car being dismantled about 500 miles after clutch and flywheel was fitted). Now i can point and squirt, and its costing me about £40 to go nearly 500 miles. On a run at around 65mph its pulling high 50's low 60's to the gallon. I have seen over 70 to the gallon tickling it along a roads. Golf is a tenner a month road tax and the insurance was cheap too. car stands me at about £1100 after everything is all said and done and its running great now. And i really enjoy the cruiser now since it isnt costing me an arm and a leg each week.

There are a lot of nice Mark 4 Golfs about for very little money and parts are very cheap. Loads in the breakers too for other bits. I just picked up another - a year 2000 in black to fix up and sell on. Bought as a non runner - for £300. year 2000. spent £50 getting it running and serviced and it'll need a bit of sill welding and maybe £150 in parts to get it through the mot.

Good luck. Hope its given you another avenue to consider.

I got a a Yaris for commuting, to save driving land cruiser and now hilux 60miles a day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I contemplated running two cars, I use to do that with my Land Rover and I did find it a pain.

I do around 600 miles a week average and use wvo at 40p a litre the equivelent of about 60mpg in cash terms, I'm happy enough with that

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back